It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:38 pm 

RamblerSam wrote:
What a bunch of guys. There is not another team in the country with more heart and more pride. Too short, can't score? Just play great defense, dive for balls and find a way to adjust. No problem. In Porter's first 3 years he lost virtually every close game. Many of those we were ahead by10-15 points and lost. This year, we won almost all our close games. That's heart. SO EXCITING!!!!

Well said, Sam. I was nervous tonight as the game wound down, but I felt that we'd be in great shape if we could get it down to the last 1:30 with score still close. The team's confidence has become its hallmark. What a change! Congratulations Ramblers! And kudos to Porter and staff for a brilliantly executed response to all the adversity this team faced starting a year ago.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:55 pm 

I looked at the play -by-play---It surely was fitting that our winning and last basket was scored by Christian with an assist from Milton--Terrific !!

Gosh ! This is superb--A complete turn around both mentally and playing of the game--So little but so good--
Just plainly--WE HAD TOO MANY GUNS !!

Just recall what transpired--Last year--giving up HUGE leads--apparently not caring (frozen foot) to this year--out-sized except for thirteen collective HEARTS--but almost never out-gunned.

What a thrill for all of us 'specially OL'BROT !!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:18 pm 

What a fantastic way to end the season! Props to the players, coaches and members of the administration who were willing to back the CBI endeavor. Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined this ending when the Marlon Jones news broke at the end of August. I thought "here we go again." Boy was I wrong!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:41 am 

I know it was a team win but just want to CONGRATULATE Devon Turk who set a new record last night for 3-point shooting. Just think, he has another year to build on this record.

Also, did anyone learn what happened when Monroe's Samuels missed his free throw with 3 seconds remaining. Did the Ramblers really think that it was a two-shot foul and not a one and one?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:20 pm 

LadyGreyBee wrote:
Also, did anyone learn what happened when Monroe's Samuels missed his free throw with 3 seconds remaining. Did the Ramblers really think that it was a two-shot foul and not a one and one?

No, the four guys in the lane boxed out, but Ben didn't, and one of their guys came flying down the lane from the outside.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10