It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 3:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Recruiting
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:04 pm 

couple things. It is always nice to have bigs but we have two coming. I thought KNuth was very sound fundamentally inside and will help next year. However next year Ben RIcharson and Kiki WHite will share the point guard...while hopefully Milton improves his point guard ball handling. ...but my point is that Jeff WHite graduates next year and it would be nice to have someone with a year of experience to share the point guard position two years from now and depending on talent maybe next year.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:38 pm 

I agree we can use a guard, but like Jim said, we have 2 available scholarships, so we can sign a guard AND a big. The rumor was we were looking at a big from Australia.

Judging by the recent activity on Verbal Commits about who we've offered recently, I'm pretty sure we're going to sign at least one guard.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:42 pm 

I hope Kirby gives us more than 15 minutes. I am thinking 25...allowing James to flip between the 4 and 5. Agree that Ingram will get big minutes at the 4. A little bigger than Thomas and a similar player - showed some crafty moves this year on the low box.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:34 pm 

I was talking to one of the coaches this year and he said that Richardson is not a natural point guard. So that leaves only White. That's why they want to get a guard particularly a point.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:51 am 

Absolutely agree. We need a true point. A true point allows Doyle to play the 2 full time. His vision and playmaking ability at the 2 next to a real set up point guard? Would love to see that!,

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:36 am 

25yearstreak wrote:
Rajala was starting to get it together at the end of this year before he got hurt. He can also drain the three like Cody Johnson could. I expect if he can fight his way into the rotation that Rajala would make a nice contribution and by his junior year could be a starter. Dayton really wanted him as well as we did so that says something.
(somehow downtown Dayton cannot compete with Chicago).
I would like to see us get a really good guard with that last scholarship. Guards are really important in the Valley and that is 18 games a year.

Rajala is 20. Two years out of high school. I see him as a good backup more than a starter. Kirby will start instead (maybe not next year) unless Jones comes back.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:43 am 

Sloth84 wrote:
I hope Kirby gives us more than 15 minutes. I am thinking 25...allowing James to flip between the 4 and 5. Agree that Ingram will get big minutes at the 4. A little bigger than Thomas and a similar player - showed some crafty moves this year on the low box.

Hard to say but given his 8 points and 8 rebounds, it looks very much like Morgan at Bradley who produced 2.7 points and 2.7 rebounds in 12 minutes.

Ingram is faster, a better shooter and better ball handler than Thomas. Thomas is much stronger. Ingram can be a stretch 4 who can put it on the floor. The defense will again rely on speed. Some games like Tulane, we will get burned.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:33 pm 

I'm not sure we're going to see Ingram play down low as an undersized 4 ala Christian Thomas next year.

He was recruited as a 2/3 wing out of Simeon. In his introduction video on Loyola's website he said he was asked to play more forward his freshman year because of Loyola's lack of size, and that he'd do anything asked of him to help the team, but he didn't seemed too thrilled with the idea, and I'm wondering whether Moser promised him he'd move him back outside in the future when Loyola recruited some size.

I see him as a natural small forward.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:44 pm 

I saw Ingram on campus after the Seattle game and asked him what he thought he would play next year and what he preferred to play and he said small forward.
He is a real talent. Reminds me of Curtis Watkins of DePaul.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:26 pm 

I would like to see him as a three but I do not see anyone else to play either the four or five. Maybe if we pick up a JC four.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next