It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 3:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:14 pm 

Dansen wrote:
If I can hijack this thread for a quick logistical question:

My first Arch madness as an alumnus; didn’t book early enough to get the Loyola hotel but I’m flying in Thursday night and staying with some friends at a nearby hotel.

We have been planning on scalping, generally cheaper from what we’ve seen and it’s open enough that we’re confident we can move around. Should we stick with this plan or go ahead and order the LUC ticket package?

Any thoughts would be great, thanks! Especially any sarcastic responses from Swella

Buying the ticket package helps Loyola, which has an allotment of booklets to sell. But in terms of getting in and sitting hear the Loyola group, you'll likely be fine buying from a scalper. Plenty of tickets available, and our sections border the end zones, which won't be full.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:20 pm 

If you just want to get in the building and you pay more than $20 a ticket, for any session, you're doing it wrong. Most of the time you can get them for less.

That said... I bought two all-session ticket packages through Loyola to support the cause, and also because I prefer the guaranteed seats in the Loyola section.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:50 am 

Safe travels to anyone driving down to St. Louis today. The weather from the Springfield area to St Louis is pretty terrible today. There may also be an incident occurring around the Lincoln area on 55 that could back up traffic significantly, so don’t expect smooth sailing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:00 pm 

01grad wrote:
Safe travels to anyone driving down to St. Louis today. The weather from the Springfield area to St Louis is pretty terrible today. There may also be an incident occurring around the Lincoln area on 55 that could back up traffic significantly, so don’t expect smooth sailing.

We were in the area right as the highway was shut down. Had to backtrack to the Dixie truck stop exit and head west to catch I-155.

Bad situation: https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loc ... t12aH-1la1

Looks like it is still closed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:02 pm 

Wasn't Floyd Brown one of Muller's first recruits at ISU?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:35 pm 

Did you actually go to St. Louis, Swella?

I won't make it down until Sunday, if we're still in it. I have a new job and can't really take the time off Friday, so I can't even watch our first game live. On Saturday, I have to stop in Normal on the way to St. Louis, so I'm going to miss the Saturday game.

Did everyone make it down there OK with I-55 shut down?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:53 pm 

Is this going to be Greg Lansing's last game?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:47 pm 

made it down.....was just getting out of Rockford when I saw at least 20 police cars heading North on 39...then stopped to get gas in Ogelsby and saw the chase ....and then was one of the first 100 or so cars stopped on 55. when finally got detoured around .saw the car in the field and at least 50 police cars....the really sad part is the McHenry County Police Officer killed...who my son knew from work....

The Loyola gathering was really a blast....probably 250 people .. Sister Jean made a great speech.as did Coach Moser,,,,the Final Four has made him funnier. lots of the players parents were there and some x ball players including a blast from the past...Keith Gales......had a nice bball talk with Steve Watson.... Ball Park village was pretty full with Valley Fans....I went up to the Bradley fans and let em know what JCT thought of them....
Then ran into Coach Valentine taking theValpo game plan to the team...I am guessing they were going to have a walk through........
great experience if you have not made it yet.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:50 pm 

What’s the deal with tomorrow morning? I remember seeing an email possibly about a send off at the hotel, and I’m registered for the Quinlan alumni breakfast. Anybody have details?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:51 pm 

Wow, nate... That's enough material for a novel...

And it's only Day 1.....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next