It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 43  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:32 am 

With King Krut and Big Frank down low, it'll be interesting to see how the rest of our front court plays out.

Aher and Negron are both listed at 6'7 but Aher seems super explosive/athletic and Negron needs to put on some mass (but I really think he is going to be a good player in a year or two). Wilkins at 6'6 but seems to be more of a Townes/Doyle type player. Who fills Jackson's role?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:53 am 

goramblers2011 wrote:
With King Krut and Big Frank down low, it'll be interesting to see how the rest of our front court plays out.

Aher and Negron are both listed at 6'7 but Aher seems super explosive/athletic and Negron needs to put on some mass (but I really think he is going to be a good player in a year or two). Wilkins at 6'6 but seems to be more of a Townes/Doyle type player. Who fills Jackson's role?

I think it's a shift from what we have this year (and what we've had in the past with CT and Leon Young). Krut is the main and will be spelled by Big Frank. If we go "smaller" I can see Aher or Negron playing in that role.

Our roster as of today, I see the following:

PG: Custer
SG: Townes
Wing: Williamson
F: Aher
F/C: Krut

Then:

PG: Bruno
SG: Cam
Wing: Avery (if he stays)
F: Negron
F: Big Frank

That doesn't even account for Bujdoso or Kaifes. And if Wilkens joins...oh boy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:07 am 

Uguak is a wing who will play the 4 in the mold of Donte. From what I've seen super smooth game; hyper athletic. I keep hearing he'll be a big piece.

In terms of role, Negron would be the stand in for Aundre. Both are undersized forwards. But Negron has a bigger body and longer arms. It's a trade for Aundre's efficient offense to Negron who i think can bring gritty defense, shot blocking, rebounding, and put backs. It's unrealistic to expect anyone to bring what Jackson did right away, he was a special player. But Negron has a high motor and a healthy offseason could really do a lot for him.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:15 am 

Kaifes and Bujdoso are such sleepers for this class. Frank is physically imposing but will likely still be raw offensively.

Bujdoso is super smooth and will be a stellar passer.

Kaifes was labeled a shooter but the kid is quietly explosive as well and can score at all three levels.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:05 pm 

WOW...that looks like some serious vertical !!!! thanks for the pic..... reminds me of me when,,,,,,welll never

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:08 pm 

Photoshop?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:08 pm 

He was on a list of Kansas’ best dunkers as well! Not photoshop

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:26 pm 

Negron was rated higher than Krutwig prior to his injury. Keep in mind he had another injury early this year too. The summer leagues will help him and we will see a different player next fall.

This year we lacked a backup 4. Wilkins will fit that if he comes. He can also swing and play some three too. He will replace most of Jackson's offense.

We will also have a backup point next year as well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:59 pm 

jim wrote:
We will also have a backup point next year as well.

That is hugely important. I think point guards more than any other position need to borrow the keys for a year before getting their own set.

Just with our own program, Carl Golston's first year at Loyola was good, but his second was great. David Bailey had a year coming off the bench under the tutelage of Earl Brown, which eased his transition into the PG role. And Custer also made a huge leap.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:34 pm 

Agree Jct

Playing Custer every day in practice will help. In addition Bruno and Cam go back to the position they should be playing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 43  Next