It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 43  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:31 pm 

Local product, Matt Mooney, granted release from University of South Dakota. A 6'3 guard that averaged 18.7 ppg, 4.1 RPG and 3.1 RPG. I bet we give him a good look.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:19 pm 

440Rambler wrote:
Looks like we offered 2018 guard Myreon Jones last night according to Jones HS coach on Twitter. The guard has offers from bigger schools like Ole Miss and Memphis and also top tier mid majors like Murray State. 247 has his composite score as a 4 star recruit while verbal commits has him listed as a 2 star.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Myreo ... tInterests

Man, the more videos of Myreon Jones I watch the more I like. Kid is going to be a stud, lots of the lower P5 looking at him and the top mid majors. I would be ecstatic if we got him.

Also, pretty sure we will have two schollys to play with this signing period. Keep hearing Avery is going to leave, and lots of social media posts by him lean towards that

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:23 pm 

Dansen wrote:
440Rambler wrote:
Looks like we offered 2018 guard Myreon Jones last night according to Jones HS coach on Twitter. The guard has offers from bigger schools like Ole Miss and Memphis and also top tier mid majors like Murray State. 247 has his composite score as a 4 star recruit while verbal commits has him listed as a 2 star.

Man, the more videos of Myreon Jones I watch the more I like. Kid is going to be a stud, lots of the lower P5 looking at him and the top mid majors. I would be ecstatic if we got him.

Also, pretty sure we will have two schollys to play with this signing period. Keep hearing Avery is going to leave, and lots of social media posts by him lean towards that

https://twitter.com/verbalcommits/statu ... 99104?s=21

Yup. Avery is transferring.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:25 pm 

Jbuchholz wrote:
Dansen wrote:
440Rambler wrote:

https://twitter.com/verbalcommits/statu ... 99104?s=21

Yup. Avery is transferring.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:29 pm 

Best of luck to Avery. He has potential and I will be following him wherever he goes.

So two spots open. I think we land Kawanise Wilkins. The second spot will be interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:34 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
Best of luck to Avery. He has potential and I will be following him wherever he goes.

So two spots open. I think we land Kawanise Wilkins. The second spot will be interesting.

I really like our chances at Wilkins. If we landed one of Messiah Jones, Myreon Jones or Lamar Norman I’d be ecstatic.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:02 pm 

After the sun times article it really seems like Wilkins is a done deal haha.

https://www.suntimeshighschoolsports.co ... ecruiting/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:03 pm 

I wish Avery all the best. No matter if he saw much floor time or not, I imagine he was still a big contributor in practice and helping the team as a whole. But, yeah, seems like that was a decision made months ago.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:17 pm 

I remember watching Avery early on..making defensive mistakes or taking a quick shot and getting pulled and then sulking....however as he spent some time on the bench then got a couple of opportunities, mostly in games we were winning handily I noticed he was now really focusing on defense and passing the ball...Just seems that there was too much road to travel still before he got what he wanted which would be to start....Wish him well....Now my thoughts turn to Cam Satterwhite, no one seems to think he will break the starting lineup next year....will playing time increase?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:26 pm 

natethskate wrote:
I remember watching Avery early on..making defensive mistakes or taking a quick shot and getting pulled and then sulking....however as he spent some time on the bench then got a couple of opportunities, mostly in games we were winning handily I noticed he was now really focusing on defense and passing the ball...Just seems that there was too much road to travel still before he got what he wanted which would be to start....Wish him well....Now my thoughts turn to Cam Satterwhite, no one seems to think he will break the starting lineup next year....will playing time increase?

I think so. He saw some big, key minutes in the tournament. Maybe not in number of minutes, but definitely big situations. I definitely saw improvement not only in his play, but to me also his demeanor and focus as the year progressed. Honestly, I think winning, and seeing Porters plan and coaching lead to what it did, likely did a lot in a bigger belief in the program as a whole not just by the fans, but also the players.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 43  Next