It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:04 pm 

Just couldn’t hit the ocean from the beach in OT. Still like the comeback, on the road, trip, to get it there.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:06 pm 

Very disappointing given the way we fought to get to OT

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:06 pm 

Jump ball on Cams rebound with about 2 minutes left in regulation I thought would be the back breaker.

Disappointed with the guards inability to hit shots in OT, felt very forced and undisciplined.

Expected a loss on the road but wouldve liked to grab the lead in the 1 seed race.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:10 pm 

Awful overtime. So careless with the ball. Poor shot selection.

Better not be a sign of the rest of conference play.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:12 pm 

Love the fight we showed getting back into that one on the road. Just a really bad overtime though. I think we are the better team and will beat them at home.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:29 pm 

ROWDIE_09 wrote:
Awful overtime. So careless with the ball. Poor shot selection.

Better not be a sign of the rest of conference play.

Why would that stretch be more of a sign than the previous 300+ minutes?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:48 pm 

We did everything well on the road except win --WE merely set the stage for next meeting--NIU is a fine team but we are better---Rematch will be more of the same
Now back to business
Refs were good for a change
Krut and Williamson were great--the rest just so so

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:48 pm 

I was impressed and surprised by UNI's defense. Watching on video rather than in person, it's hard to tell why Loyola missed so many closeup shots. We did a good job on rebounding, and a great job in forcing turnovers. UNI had something like 19 turnovers, and strategically sent UNI players to the free throw line, which resulted in Loyola having about a dozen more field goal attempts than UNI. But so many of them bounced three times off the rim or skipped over or went 1/3 of the way down before popping out that you have to credit the defense.

Kimmons was a big surprise, too. He played like I expected Marquise Kennedy to play. I guess it's easier to show off athletically as a freshman at home as opposed to on the road. We did a really good job on AJ Green, and a great job on Berhow. Dahl was better than I expected with his footwork offensively and his blocking ability defensively.

So although it's a painful loss to a top team in the league, I'm OK with everything as it happened. There's lots of things to go over and learn from, especially for the younger players and newcomers. If they didn't already know what a knock-down, drag-out the MVC league play is every night, they know now.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:19 pm 

I’m curious if some posters on other boards still consider us “paper contenders”

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:30 pm 

Hey JCT,
You may be "OK with everything as it happened," but I'm not. And I hope the team and coaches are not OK with it either. When a team misses so many close in shots, shoots 36% from the floor and 67% from the free throw line, and throws the ball away on a number of fast break attempts, there is little to be OK with. The Ramblers look more like the team that lost to Coppin State than the team that beat Indiana State last week. In other words, todays game was a big step backwards.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next