It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:04 pm 

Mudville21 wrote:
Mertz2003 wrote:
Mudville21 wrote:
Whatever the outcome. The story of this game is the officials. The amount of fouls in this game that were called were RIDICULOUS. 34 made FTs for NIU saved them. We only shot 20 FT and they were just as physical. Did the conference want the game called this way to try to get two bids in NCAA? I mean come on, 39 FT shot by NIU. It Does not compute. I mean come on. We gave up over 100 points.

Our TO’s were God Awful all game (16) and if I am right, Norris had all 4 of his TOS in the second half.

Agree with you, but if they wanted 2 bids they would've been helping us win the game.

Not true. Lunardini has us in win or lose. If we lose to Bradley, we will be out. If we win one or two at Arch, we can still get in. He only had NIU in if they won today.

He had UNI "in" because they are 1st now so he has them as the auto-bid. They have zero chance at an at-large.

If your conspiracy was right, then the MVC would have wanted Loyola to win today. And then lose on Sunday in St. Louis.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:09 pm 

What a frustrating game to watch and the outcome is horrific in terms of being a 4-seed against Bradley in St. Louis. Nobody ever wants to be the fan that complains about refs, but this game can’t be talked about without mentioning the refs. It felt like I was watching free throws for over half the game. Glad that was the last game in the MVC.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:15 pm 

Wait until Ramblerguy sees the Kenpom ref ratings for these guys.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:22 pm 

We only dropped to 30 in the Net and metric score actually went up a little. Problem is Bradley will be a tough draw for us, but I will take my chances playing NIU if we beat Bradley. The problem is last time we played Bradley at Arch, the refs let them beat us up. I have no faith in the MVC anymore. Too many times in important games, the officiating crews just stick it to us. I am glad we are leaving this conference.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:26 pm 

Agree with you, but if they wanted 2 bids they would've been helping us win the game.[/quote]

Not true. Lunardini has us in win or lose. If we lose to Bradley, we will be out. If we win one or two at Arch, we can still get in. He only had NIU in if they won today.[/quote]

He had UNI "in" because they are 1st now so he has them as the auto-bid. They have zero chance at an at-large.

If your conspiracy was right, then the MVC would have wanted Loyola to win today. And then lose on Sunday in St. Louis.[/quote]

No. You missed the point. He had LU in regardless of us winning today. He is basically saying the only way the MVC is a two bid league is Loyola does not win Arch Madness. No one else will get an at large, except possibly Loyola.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:27 pm 

Mudville21 wrote:
Lunardini has us in win or lose.

The issue is that the bubble will shrink between now and selection Sunday. Every year there are 2-4 teams in before conference tournaments start that find themselves out when other teams steal bids in the conference tournaments.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:29 pm 

I expected we might lose due to being tired after 4 games in 8 days. But it wasn't obvious that they were exceptionally tired, except that Williamson had to take a blow in overtime. or maybe the fouls. or possibly the TOs. They had to be gassed going into OT, but they got the threes with their tired legs. I was really proud of the effort.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:32 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
Wait until Ramblerguy sees the Kenpom ref ratings for these guys.

I just checked and one of tonite refs has called 4 games ALL season and all in Cedar Falls, all UNI wins.
Championship game deserves a better crew.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:34 pm 

He just updated his predictions and has us playing a first four game in Dayton.

Again I really think what I said above is true.
Need to get to Sunday and if we win Sunday we are in without having to go to Dayton. Lose on Sunday and the best we can do is Dayton.

I am proud of this team. NCAA or NIT is something to be proud of. I know the super seniors came back for the NCAA but the NIT is still a successful season for a mid major team.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:49 pm 

End of the day, we lost the game because we turned it over 16 times to NIU’s 8. We can cry and whine about the horrible officiating (and it was horrible), but those were 8 possessions in an OT game that we did not get shots up. When you consider how good our shooting numbers were most of the game, those 8 TOS were HUGE.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next