It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:56 pm 

Ironically, except for one or two plays we seem to be inbounding the ball and getting it up the court better than we have most of the year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:58 pm 

01grad wrote:
GoRamblers wrote:
SubGod22 wrote:
Our defense hasn't been as good as we expect on our rebounding has seemed lacking.

I mean, let's be honest...the game is the way it is because WE can't make high percentage shots. Certainly, WSU plays good D but that's not why the Ramblers are shooting 25%

Nonsense, the announcers say the defense has been beautiful.

Comically enough, the folks on Shockernet feel the same way!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:00 pm 

Gentlemen and Gal--You are looking at the best team in the country--Now then as the progress through the Big Dance, they can leave their Butler type announcers back home in the wheat fields--
No one likes to be smashed BUT we will be back--As I wrote earlier--What starts around comes around--The one sensible thing those homes said was that we have no Seniors on the team--I guess they can read.

Our turn will be coming sooner than expected.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:05 pm 

brot4britu wrote:
Gentlemen and Gal--You are looking at the best team in the country--Now then as the progress through the Big Dance, they can leave their Butler type announcers back home in the wheat fields--
No one likes to be smashed BUT we will be back--As I wrote earlier--What starts around comes around--The one sensible thing those homes said was that we have no Seniors on the team--I guess they can read.

This is not the best team in the country. One of the best, but definitely not the best.

That being said, maybe we can cover. I don't think we can play any worst.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:06 pm 
Site Admin

The announcers are employed, I believe, by Cox22 or whatever the Kansas Cable Sports network is called, and that's where they're based. No biggie. And we haven't done all that much to give them something to admire.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:07 pm 

Socrates wrote:
brot4britu wrote:

This is not the best team in the country. One of the best, but definitely not the best.

I have to imagine we won't shoot 27% in the 2nd half. Ugh.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:08 pm 

Rambler63 wrote:
The announcers are employed, I believe, by Cox22 or whatever the Kansas Cable Sports network is called, and that's where they're based. No biggie. And we haven't done all that much to give them something to admire.

It's not so much their not crediting us for anything, but more their all out worship of everything Shocker...no matter what they do.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:08 pm 

Rambler63 wrote:

They know their audience. I was just amused by the contrast.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:09 pm 

GoRamblers wrote:
Socrates wrote:
brot4britu wrote:

I have to imagine we won't shoot 27% in the 2nd half. Ugh.
Perhaps under 20% :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:09 pm 

Ah, we got a Kyle Korver comparison. Ron Baker is not Kyle Korver. Not every white boy who can run around screens and shoot threes is Kyle Korver.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next