It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:18 am 

I heard a rumor that there was a video played at the game last night that was produced by Loyola featuring Loyola students.

Did anyone see this?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:54 am 

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

I happened to be sitting next to Jane Neufeld (whom I respect), and what appeared to be two of her minions, Sneezy and Dopey. I had a short but spirited conversation suggesting that, in the interest of even handedness, the pledge should include a promise to not make false gang rape accusations against fraternities.

An interesting aspect of the conversation was that Dopey, a male, assumed the stereotypical male chivalric role in defending the two distaff members of the trio, who remained silent (cowering is too strong a word). I believe Dopey is in need of some additional gender training to break him of his outmoded and chauvinistic habits.

See also: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1129

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:12 pm 

Dopey promised to send me statistics compiled by the Campus Police showing that sexual assault is a real problem at Loyola. I gave him my email address written on the back of my ticket.

Still waiting...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:02 pm 

swelafella ......it seems like you have an issue with this......maybe you can explain on the other issues board

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:24 pm 

I didn't start this thread, but whatever JCT decides is fine with me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:41 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
swelafella ......it seems like you have an issue with this......maybe you can explain on the other issues board

The irony of your comment is that you think it's inappropriate to address the issue on Ramblermania's Basketball Forum, but you seem okay with Loyola's administration raising the issue at basketball games.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:08 pm 

Yes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:11 pm 

Swella is correct. The Loyola Athletic Department made the decision to assault Rambler fans with that inane video at the Men's Basketball game. Therefore, the fans' reaction belongs in the Men's Basketball forum.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:45 pm 

I'm with Nate here. Don't have a problem with the video being played. Sexual Assault is an issue worth noting, this video shows Loyola students male and female care about a matter that affects both males and females. The video is about building up support for something good, rather than tearing someone or something down. I honestly think it's pretty well done and you can see a good amount of people in the video at games regularly.

There was a well documented incident that made headlines and news stations only two years ago involving Loyola students. In no way is that worth talking about on a basketball forum. But it's hard for me to fault a University for bringing up an important topic in front of an audience that it matters to.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:06 pm 

Guys and Gal !! Looks as if I have been censored !! My comment on subject was--well I don't know.