It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Rear View Mirror !!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:36 pm 

Well, let's look back a tad !!
-- Not many of us thought anything else but that this would be a decent lead in to big things in 2015-6
-- Some, me included had severe doubts re Porter-Most had hope, a commodity which we had plenty of for years, with little to show for this hope and faith
--It commenced after the two non DI games
--Then off we went to East Lansing--We got beaten, but showed some decent stuff--IZZO'S bunch knew they had a game going.
--A severe downer hit us--low point of the season , as I look back--the unexpected loss to TULANE at home--doubts really zeroed in on PM
--And then --and then, the true nature of this team started to show itself--early tip-off was the game AT Kent--I was there --saw something being kindled-( I was less than five feet away from these guys , right behind PM--I saw that these guys LOOKED AND LISTENED--It seemed to me that these guys knew they were going to win--and win they did--I truly felt that these guys were on their way--A ROAD WIN !!
- Then the Las Vegas tourney--Grand success
--Then League play and BOOM--Disaster--Milt went down--a killer ?? Not so- Others were hurt, so what --Our guys continued on--serving notice that little guys sans a leader could do well--They did and almost held their own--win a few, lose five--but always displaying HEART--We go on to finish league play at 8-10--Dreams of what might have been --
--Milt comes back --we ramp it up--beat Bears to get ready for the ARCH
--The tourney opens for us--We play our best of the year--send Sycamores home with a solid win under our belts---Everyone now feels these little giants are good.
--We lose in Semis and are forced to sweat out a tourney bid--
--We get our Tourney nod and we all know the rest---------
---OUR FIRST TOURNAMENT in thirty years and WE WIN IT--

Most doubted--most said "Next year was the one" Most were wrong--except the TEAM of little guys -too short--except a team with its HEART ,its great Coaching , its Sr Jean Dolores , and A LOYOLA ADMINISTRATION that went all in for this team, its Coaches and it students and fans.

MAY GOD bless all of them and us--the RAMBLERMANIACS !!

Now , let us move the next step up--third place or better in the VALLEY with a most successful 2016 Pre-league season.

HAPPY EASTER GUYS AN GALS !!!!

Post subject: Re: Rear View Mirror !!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:38 pm 

Good recap, Brot.

Happy Easter to you as well.

Post subject: Re: Rear View Mirror !!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:55 pm 

Thanks GO--But I wager John will post a HUGE article on the past season and what to look for down the road--Mine was just a tickler as they say-- !!

Ball is in your court 63 !!!