It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Recruiting
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:08 pm 

Just read some tweets on the Verbal Commits site that Loyola has offered 2015 guard Bakari Evelyn.
He is described as a 6-0- 6-2 three star guard from Michigan who played his senior year in Arizona.

Post subject: Re: Recruiting
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:38 pm 

I don't care about the name... I would really just like to see "6-10", "6-11" or "7-0" in this thread. I'm assuming this is too much to ask?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:19 pm 

We already have two bigs signed, and according to the other recruiting thread we are looking for a point guard and another big.

That said, we just beat a team full of 6'10" guys twice in a row. Just because you're big doesn't mean you're a star.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:10 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
We already have two bigs signed, and according to the other recruiting thread we are looking for a point guard and another big.

That said, we just beat a team full of 6'10" guys twice in a row. Just because you're big doesn't mean you're a star.

6'10" 160 does not a big make...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:33 pm 

Now then--all three of you are correct IN MY opinion. Bigs are fine--BUT they must be players--In Warhawks case we as a small quick and great shooting team beat them not once but twice--We had an amazing team that did it all year long-But I submit our guys were the exception--Bigs generally win out. We played as did Wooden's teams of old, before he got the BIGS. Everything broke right for our little guys--Why ? Because they would not allow it any other way. Most little teams weaken at the end.
If we get the chance to have a really good Big, PM will take him or them and blend them in. WHY ?? Because GOOD bigs beat little guys normally.

It is reported that we will have two bigs plus Rajala next year--All the better for us

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:22 pm 

GoRamblers wrote:
ahunte1 wrote:

Fair point.
6'10" 160 does not a big make...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:23 am 

WSU started a 6-7 center and four guards and made the final 16. The team with the better players will win. If your guards are better, they will make it difficult to get it to the big men.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:24 am 

Rajala was starting to get it together at the end of this year before he got hurt. He can also drain the three like Cody Johnson could. I expect if he can fight his way into the rotation that Rajala would make a nice contribution and by his junior year could be a starter. Dayton really wanted him as well as we did so that says something.
(somehow downtown Dayton cannot compete with Chicago).
I would like to see us get a really good guard with that last scholarship. Guards are really important in the Valley and that is 18 games a year.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:08 am 

I guess we I'll just have to respectively disagree. I just think a big man who is decent could really help us for tournament / post season play. I agree that Rajala was making some serious progress, and I'm really dissappointed he did not get the CBI experience.

It will be interesting to see how Moser deals with Rajala in the off season and how he is able to help Rajala progress. Obviously he needs to put some muscle on. Hopefully he has a good off-season. Depending on how it goes, I could see him starting at some point next season.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:12 pm 

We have two left unless someone has committed recently.

Kirby should give us 15 minutes a game next year. I worry more about replacing Thomas right now. I expect Ingram to start at the 4. Knuth is another who needs to add some lbs to be more effective on the boards.