It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Need Real Bigs !!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:46 pm 

Pm did a decent job last5 evening trying to mask the ONE real weakness we have --lack of two real BIGS maybe 6' 9" and 6' 10 " with muscle. Ours might be somewhat big but little experience. We MUST fill this vacuum or Evansville and other big men teams will cripple us. PM has got to get into that market NOW *When he can according to the rules. I really thought we had enough guns to beat LOBOS but when only ONE did anything, we were done. When Milton had problems, Earl and the rest should have taken over. Turk's eleven is just fine but without 16 from Milt, 13 from Earl and forty or so spread round the rest, we were whipped.
Bigs that can score and swat plus board will do it.

I do feel we will b e OK though as Rockets and what is in the SHOOTOUT are beatable. Once the stench of that rotten egg we laid wears off ( see Tulane) we will be fine

BUT get us some BIGS

Post subject: Re: Need Real Bigs !!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:36 am 

I agree...It seems that PMs main focus is to run 3 guard offenses with smaller , mobile forwards. Do not know if this is intentional strategy or just an inability to recruit bigs. I know I would feel better if we had a couple of quality guys with at least a defensive presence down low. Also surprised that Kirby is not getting more playing time, although if not mistaken at JC last year he only averaged around 18 minutes a game.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:06 am 

Former Rambler recruit Sean O'Mara, 6'9" 250, is getting very little playing time as a soph. at Xavier. I wonder if he might consider transferring to Loyola ala Clayton Custer?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:29 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
Former Rambler recruit Sean O'Mara, 6'9" 250, is getting very little playing time as a soph. at Xavier. I wonder if he might consider transferring to Loyola ala Clayton Custer?

I was going to post about this. Xavier has played three games prior to today, and O'Mara has only seen 10 minutes on the season. Last year he was the understudy to Matt Stainbrook, a really good center who was a primary scorer for the Musketeers. In the off season, he grew another inch (he's now listed at 6'10") but Xavier has switched their scheme to a four guard, one forward lineup. You'd have to figure he's pretty disappointed. But the other question is, did he not develop the way Xavier's coach thought, necessitating the switch to four guards? It would be nice to get some inside info from a Xavier fan on this....