It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:39 am 

Did I read that graphic correctly? Did the announcers say that San Diego is also a Jesuit University? That is definitely news to me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:47 am 

Rip Van Ramble wrote:
Did I read that graphic correctly? Did the announcers say that San Diego is also a Jesuit University? That is definitely news to me.

USD is Catholic, but I don't believe it's Jesuit. I don't think it's on the outside of the Gentile.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:57 am 

Was a late one but it was a win. Was hoping to see Adgei but he clearly is very raw. We take on Toledo again and I'm expecting a better performance.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:00 am 

That was a little more interesting than I thought... or hoped. Turk was obviously the star, with 25 points (five more threes to add to his record), and Peterson and Rajala had good games. James had foul trouble, and Milton had trouble holding on to the ball early but came back with 9 important points in the second half. I do wish Turk was able to rest a bit more going into two games in two days on Friday and Saturday, because we'll need his shooting.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:01 am 

And the good news is the game on Friday is early.... 11PM!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:02 am 

Congrats to the team for getting the win, but still plenty of room for improvement. The rematch with Toledo should be interesting!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:04 am 

Redemption !! But barely !! We did wear them down as we did against Rockets last week. We really have so many guns--Turk tonight, wit Milton helping==Next will it be Earl ? Our team is scary but good.

Rajala held his own--was beaten maybe only twice as I saw it.

Turk was superb--but isn't Milton smooth??

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:14 am 

Toreros is NOT listed as a Jesuit U. You could have fooled me. I really thought Pete G was correct--BUT I looked it up. Perhaps they used to be --

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:16 am 

Just got back from the game. It was one of those games every team needs to have. A tune up for later and a game where the team can learn to jell together and also that the coaching staff can give some minutes to the newcomers.
This team has talent and will be good. The key question is can they get ready in time for the Valley season which begins December 30th.
Played 10 of the 11 tonight with only Adegei not seeing action. Kirby looked better than he has in the past and Rajala got some significant minutes when Montel was in foul trouble. Rajala just needs to build his confidence and playing time will do that. He had six points tonight and a couple of nice rebounds. We had only eight points off the bench with White getting the other two.
Turk was on fire tonight and Doyle again put the pedal to the metal when it was needed. Another nice game from Peterson.
Its slowly coming together and playing Toledo again will be the next important step to take as they will be gunning for us.
Saw the coaches and the team in the hotel lobby as they were heading up for their evening meal at 12:30 Anchorage time. White hurt the fingernail on his hand late in the game but looked okay when he was coming into the hotel. Had a nice conversation with the coach.
They had a side trip to a more remote area yesterday and there was a nice team picture on a bridge with a black bear down below.
This staff works really hard to make sure these student athletes have a first class experience. A very nice bunch of young men .Whenever you engage in a conversation they always say, "yes sir/ no sir". A real credit to the coaches that they not only teach basketball but manners that will help them in their post playing day careers.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:17 am 

Robbie Aces wrote:
And the good news is the game on Friday is early.... 11PM!

Friday's game against Toledo has a 5:30 PM local start time. 8:30 back in Chicago.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next