It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:21 am 

It was indeed a very special Thanksgiving and I and five (Calculator Lady, the Murph, Lady Graybee and her daughter and son in law) others would like to express our sincere thanks to Loyola and the athletic department and especially Athletic Director Steve Watson and Head coach Porter Moser for inviting us to join the team at the Captain Cook hotel for a Thanksgiving buffet with the team. That is a very rare event and it was great to have conversations with the Coach, the AD, members of the coaching staff and the parents of a couple of the players who also made the trip. Everything about the event was first class.
It was also easy to see why this is such a special team as the whole team huddled up at a table after the meal to share stories and experiences with each other. In the midst of the relaxed and at times humorous stories it was great to see how the players appreciated the opportunity to attend Loyola and to be coached by Coach Moser who is a class man and a man who represents the university so well.
A big game tomorrow against Toledo for sure but I know the team will be well prepared as early in the day the team had a practice at a local high school. It was also apparent that Coach Moser has a real fondness for this team and the welfare of each and every player from starters, to substitutes, to walk ons with no regard to skill level or playing ability. We are lucky to have a man of his caliber as the Loyola head coach. Meanwhile behind the scenes, AD Steve Watson continues to work to improve the athletic department and upgrade the programs of all sports. He did have some very interesting comments to share about the future of the schedule.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:20 am 

Thanks for that update. I am glad to hear your report.
Cant wait for tonights game. I wonder why the tournament brackets paired these two knowing that they have played prior.
Might have made for a better final game?
anyhow, Good luck to the Ramblers tonight.
I will be there in spirit, talking to my tv screen like the usual crazed fan I have become..
PS Anyone get a picture of Devon Turk with his Moosehead and Pete Gillan? I'd love to see it again.
Go Ramblers.,

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:56 am 

Yeah yeah yeah !! But did you meet and shake paws or whatever with a PUFFIN ???

Is the gigantic Polar Bear still in the lobby of my Alaska home away from home--The Captain Cook ?????

GO RAMBLERS !!! My best to both LADIES !!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:23 pm 

Ramblerguy wrote:
PS Anyone get a picture of Devon Turk with his Moosehead and Pete Gillan? I'd love to see it again.
Go Ramblers.,

Ask and you shall receive...