It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 3:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:28 pm 

I know I am still a student here at Loyola and I must say that's the best I have seen the student section in terms of enthusiasm in my time here. I hope we can keep it up as that was awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:40 pm 

The students are great, especially when they get some numbers in there. There were some empty seats over there today, but the rest of you made up for it. Keep it going. Don't know why the non-student turnout was so low. I think a lot more tickets were sold. Maybe it was Asheville.

I know this is not Creighton from a couple of years ago, but for a bunch of reasons, this was a really important win for the program - and for Porter.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:43 pm 

Remember jumping ability and speed can overcome tall and stupid. And today it did. Superb game plan by Porter to start four guards and go with quickness. Donte really played well in the second half and Kirby, Adegi, and Rajala all had some good moments. What about Smith? Sure looks like a good add. Those 3's were nothing but net.
I saw Montel in the hall before the game. He was jogging in. But then I heard he broke a bone in his back and was out for the year. But that was an extreme secondary source. Then I heard the team was waiting for the results of some tests. Seems strange. My gosh, if you broke a bone would you be jogging? But heck this was a good source.
I am going to try to remain optimistic.
On the bright side, PM did a good job of switching it up. I really like Donte and how gutsy he is in playing down low. Kirby and Adegi are only going to get better. Team defense won at today. Great work. Doyle played the first sixteen minutes of the first half.
An observation: Creighton looked like they had never been to a big city before. All that Valley experience.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:07 pm 

Part of the problem on the student turn out was on the part of the event staff. On some
Of the tickets students were given they had specific section numbers on them that were not the students section. This shouldn't have been a problem but the event staff was not allowing students with those type of tickets to get into the student section. Some of the people I was with and I went to talk at the ticket counter and someone who appeared to be a boss went and talked to the specific event staff member to let us in to the student section. Though this was done rather late when people were trying to get there so a lot of students ended up in other places in the stadium and I know some left. Another time I have been disappointed with the event staff after they were very rude earlier in the year.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:55 pm 

Wow, I hope that isn't true about Montel. He didn't look like a guy who was just too badly sitting on the bench.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:38 am 

I guess there's no such thing as an easy win at Gentile Arena.

Here's my post from the game:
http://thecatchandshoot.com/rapid-react ... ighton-65/