It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:22 pm 

Big win for the program!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:31 pm 

The case could have been easily made when we first got to the valley that we didn't belong in the league... and the first year, we definitely did not. Those days are over now though. We've proven we deserve to be in the Valley.

This is a great win for us, but if you're a Creighton fan you are definitely saying this is the worst your team has played all season. Maybe we catch Notre Dame on an off night too?

I'm glad we stopped their comeback and learned how to finish a game. This looks like it might be an up and down season if we can't play consistent.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:35 pm 

While Creighton may not have played well I think the Ramblers had a lot to do with that. Except for spurts , good aggressive defense, I thought we did as well as we could inside. My god they had some bigs against our two newbies and a skinny sophomore. Man I liked how we pushed the ball but that Creighton kid could push it too.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:36 pm 

After being down 4-2, we didn't trail the rest of the game. They were big inside, but they didn't seem too effective. Or at least not as much as they should have been with that kind of mismatch. Maybe they're just big bodies. With our lack of size, only made worse by injuries, we still got some good looks down low and still open shots outside.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:39 pm 

Considering we won without Montel James playing a minute, I'd say this was close to miraculous. This was a team that came in shooting over 50% from the field on the season, with a 7-footer and a 6'10" guy. We held them to their lowest shooting percentage on the season (42.4), held them mostly off the free throw line (9 for 16), and overcame a 45-32 rebounding margin.

What a game by Tyson Smith, with 11 points and 2 blocks.... And Rajala came up big with 4 points and 3 rebounds in 9 minutes to give us SOMETHING inside. Turk with a quiet 15, Richardson with an ENORMOUS 3 (and an uncharacteristically bad inbound pass late...). Doyle needs to bottle whatever it is he has in games like this.... 17 points, 8 rebounds, 8 assists, only 2 turnovers.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:00 pm 

What a fun game to be at. This was a very good win for the team. We did a good job of controlling the pace and not letting creighton run. With Montel out I thought we were going to have some real struggles inside which we had some but the bigs and the doubles did a good job of limiting it. Milton is so much better when he isn't having to bring the ball up and can play more like a 2. Fun game good win go Ramblers!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:26 pm 

Well, well , WELL ! We get trashed by ASHVILLE and then defeat a BIG LEAST team !! My my my !!!

I am now officially BACK on board the wagon , for what that is worth.

My take--Milt and Devon will carry this team's scoring--They truly did this day. Smith just might be what the doctor ordered both ways O and D !! Our Bigs came UP BIG !! Let us hope Montel gets back soon , BUT he was NOT needed this day for sure--AGAIN our Bigs were great !!
THIS game is what this team is about, FINALLY !!
About JAYS -- We got them--and got them good !!
This win tells me we finally belong in the VALLEY !! And Creighton ?? Good riddance ! !!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:48 pm 

Any update on Rajala? He was productive before he got hurt, but needed help to get off the court.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:52 pm 

Great win for the Ramblers!

That's how I expected is to play every game.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:14 pm 

Just got home from THE game. Cannot say enough about the effort on behalf of the Ramblers. Everything that was missing last week
showed up today. This team hustled and clawed and executed for forty minutes. The game plan disrupted a much bigger opponent and
capitalized on their turnovers. Big shots from almost everyone. Chemistry was present and the passing was crisp and accurate.
Coaching was excellent. Plays out of time outs, plays against the press, etc. were well done. Kudos to Donte for finding his offense, after a rough start, he found the range and dropped a few huge buckets. Earl to Richardson for three in the corner.....
Even tho our bigs are still a work in progress, look how it helps to have bodies to spread the fouls around, pitch in a few points....
Hope Julius is OK and HOPE MONTEL injury is not serious. Finally Milton and Earl made the free throws to keep Creighton at bay when it got perilously hot in the Joe. Great work. Onward Ramblers. PS, the wraps in the Den were a nice touch, little spicy, but washed with a few cookies and a beer... All is well.
Go Ramblers.
PS I was told the refs were Big East crew, and it showed with the tacky touch calls and non over the back calls... We overcame it all today.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next