It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 2:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Seriously
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:40 pm 

Brot. SORRY I RESPECTFULLY disagree. Perhaps you are the one who is being provincial. I was not attempting to put Cleveland/Akron down but I am also not going to pull them UP. Yes, it may be and indeed is a better area because of lower taxes and less congestion but in terms of things to do, variety, just the total dynamics if those things count, there is no comparison. I have stayed over in downtown Cleveland on both weeknights and weekends when I have been there on business. And quite candidly it is like a ghost town.
I also might add, what comes first the chicken or the egg. Loyola does not get the coverage because a.there are other things to write about and b. when only 1700 people attend a week night game, it hardly creates a ripple when they are not covered EXCEPT for us alums who make it a tidal wave. Personally I have no use for the Trib, Times or Herald. When they did write about the Ramblers in the past I would buy all three papers after every game.
When the coverage stopped I simply found no reason to read any of those rags as I had no interest. And I found that I do not miss it. The Loyola website gives a great description of the game compared to the papers and so why pay for a little or nothing when I can get a lot for nothing.
As O'Reilly says: "I give you the last word!"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:02 pm 

25--I would not know what O'Reilly says, that arrogant narcissist--I watch Hannity. I stand on what I wrote. Cle/Ak needs no pulling up--They have already done that. Chgo, I am sad to say--my hometown is broke and sinking fast. It will re-up itself however, because that is what and who it is.
But guess what ?? I am proud to be where I am. and do not need to put anybody or any city down as you did. Unless it deserves it as does the Chgo Media.

In the grand scheme of things, our town has regressed--everybody knows it --We are now third city with Houston fast catching up as well.

BUT LUC is the case here. I only ask for a fair shake from the Media to help us along as it does the others.
The Valley is the best place for us--thanks to the SHOCKERS and soon N Iowa. We will be with them shortly (no pun) NCAA tourney --Long before DePaul and NW make it to the ncaa .

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:39 pm 

Brot:
You should be proud of where you live and defend it. However, when you decided to use some sharp elbows personally, I decided to return the favor.
Nothing personal. You were just not acting as your usual statesman like self.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:27 pm 

While I was driving into the city yesterday on the Stevenson, I noticed a billboard for UIC basketball. I mean, if UIC can do small touches like that, why not Loyola?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:38 pm 

01grad wrote:
While I was driving into the city yesterday on the Stevenson, I noticed a billboard for UIC basketball. I mean, if UIC can do small touches like that, why not Loyola?

I highly doubt a billboard is going to help increase attendance. Very likely a waste of money. If you want to increase attendance, you have to start by getting the students interested first.