It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 4:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:05 pm 

It was just announced that the Ramblers will host Steve Fisher and San Diego State on December 3rd at the Norville Center. This is part of the Mountain West/Missouri Valley challenge.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:37 pm 

Well, that is a perk for NOT having such a great new season--Their record like ours is so-so at best. But still it IS a nice name to add to our home schedule and one we should win. I do like this series--It is well respected in Nat'l Hoops even if NOT in local Media. We DO have a name out there.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:41 pm 

25, I am not saying this to be a jerk but the basketball team does not play at the Norville Center. In fact the N.C. does not host any athletic events. The basketball team plays in the Joseph J. Gentile Arena which is only connected to the NC. Mr. Gentile and his contributions need to still be recognized. The arena is in his namesake. The university could have renamed the arena to "Gentile Arena at the Norville Center" but they did not. As such Gentile Center is the name of the arena.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:53 pm 

brot4britu wrote:
Well, that is a perk for NOT having such a great new season--Their record like ours is so-so at best. But still it IS a nice name to add to our home schedule and one we should win. I do like this series--It is well respected in Nat'l Hoops even if NOT in local Media. We DO have a name out there.

Next year may be a struggle with James, Peterson, White, and Turk graduating. Word is Milton Doyle is on track to graduate as well, and may or may not stay for a 4th year of eligibility (perhaps like the players that left Cleveland State for WSU and Louisville). That's 4/5 of the starting lineup that might be gone next year.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:29 pm 

Where in the world would Milton go???

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:37 pm 

He couldn't go to Loyola if he graduates. Loyola has denied five year players graduate school for many years now. I hope that changes with Milt.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:36 am 

LU 86 wrote:
He couldn't go to Loyola if he graduates. Loyola has denied five year players graduate school for many years now. I hope that changes with Milt.

Interesting. I'm not familiar with those cases. Hopefully he wants to stay and we can keep him. If not, I'm sure a lot of schools would open a grad program to him. Or he could always try to play pro somewhere and start making some money.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:36 am 

My guess is that he would get his degree, opt for a grad program (which would likely be granted), go to school a semester so he could play basketball, then finish the final year and go play in Europe. There was an NBA scout at the UIC game but my guess is that Milton's shooting slump and rash of turnovers did not win him high marks. He is a great kid but really does not care for school. Whatever he decides is best for him, I hope he does. It has been a pleasure to have him on the team.
The law of averages says he will have a great second half of the season which bodes well for the team. The unknown though is health. I have no reason to believe that he is hurt but maybe the shooting slump is because the shoulder is bothering him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:36 pm 

Don't get me wrong, I love Milton and I really hope whatever is ailing him gets better. We need him and I would love to have him finish strong for us and him. That said, we tend to overrate him. In his very, very best moment there is no way he is an NBAer. Not a chance.