It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:36 pm 

It's going to take a complete collapse from someone to give us a shot at the 6 seed. I just want to realistically see us get the 7 seed. A winnable Thursday game, a team Friday we likely would've already beaten at least once this year, and the other side of the bracket from WSU.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:21 pm 

Although 6th place can be tough it's not impossible. I think the most realistic best case scenario for us is finishing 3-2 with the losses coming against Evansville and Wichita putting the conference record at 8-10. That means UNI can only win one of its other games (@Wichita, Illinois State, Indiana State, @Evansville), Missouri State can only win one remaining game (Indiana State, @Wichita, Drake, @SIU). The big game is Saturday's Missouri State-Indiana State. Best case scenario Indiana State wins in Springfield. If they lose then we would either need MO St. to drop the rest or Indiana State to lose out (@IL St., Wichita, @UNI, Bradley), and have UNI's only win come against Indiana State which means losing the other three.

It'll take a lot of help, but the teams we need to pass don't have an easy path to secure the 6th seed. My projection is still a Thursday game for us, but I would not be completely surprised if we snagged the 6th seed. We just have to take care of our business and win by playing aggressively offensively, while keeping up this defensive effort.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:00 am 

brot4britu wrote:
OK Up seven at half--Should truly be up Fifteen or so.

Now then its great to be in the Valley---BUT the announcers for our games are questionable--EVEN bush league for such a good conf. This junk should NOT be allowed. This evening's duo are rotten-- Totally partial and bad to boot

I'm assuming it was the Bradley announcers? They were HORRIBLE in the WSU game @Bradley too. Extremely biased. If you just listened to them and didn't know anything about the game or the conference, you would have thought that Bradley was winning the league by 5 games, and were up by 30 in the game when they were actually down 20+. Every call against Bradley was "questionable" and every missed shot was because of a missed call.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:32 am 

Just as a note, we've gotten great media coverage from the game last night.

Can't speak for all the stations but WGN had highlights this morning and ESPN1000 has been mentioning the score during the update.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:35 am 

Stick ! You assume correctly--Have some questions--
--ESPN and the Valley have an agreement--Great deal, no question but--
---Does LUC have No one to announce our home games for ESPN ??
-----Our games are announced by guys I do not recognize--Fine, but they do come off as impartial--also fine but they are at least professional
---Our away games mostly are done by guys somewhat resembling "homers" BUT none so ridiculous than those Bradley guys. Does not ESPN have a say ????

To close this rant--This must be addressed and changed !! (BTW last year I found the Bears guys not great either BUT not nearly so downright amateurish as BRADLEY's --Shame on Bradley--Are they that careless ?

Comments , guys --PLEASE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:16 pm 

Bring back Brickhouse and Kup. That was announcing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:57 pm 

My boy Mully had a few syllables this morning about it. Lou needs something really good for it to make 32's broadcast.