It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:17 pm 

I wonder what the overall cost analysis of the CBI was? Did we make money? Were there other intangible pluses like we hoped? I dont think attendance was up? Did not see increased publicity( even during the tournament), recruiting maybe if it was a factor in getting Custer although I think that was more the connection to RIchardson.......So even if we got a CBI or CIT maybe better to use the money elsewhere. It certainly made us here on Ramblermania a happy group....Was there an increase in donations to the athletic department? and a great reward to the two seniors and the team in general.
I did not notice but did they put a new banner up in the gym for the championship last year?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:18 am 

JCT wrote:
As of now, our goal should be finishing as high as possible in the MVC seedings. We can worry about what happens next when we find out where we are at the end of the regular season. To me, it doesn't make any sense to try and jockey for a position (7th vs. 8th, etc.). Some of that equation is always going to be up to others, and there are always a lot of unintended consequences, surprises, upsets, etc.

Of course, in this case, jockeying for position and trying to finish as high as possible are one in the same. 7th is better than 8th; 6th better than 7th. The only jockeying that makes any sense at all is tanking for 10th if you are on the 9/10 borderline when there is a dominant #1 seed. I can't see any team doing that realistically.

If we beat Missouri State, we will have a great shot at the 7 seed. That would split the series, tie us in the standings, and we currently have a slight edge over them in the RPI tiebreaker.

Both teams would most likely face Drake going for 8-10. Only problem is MSU had Drake at home whereas we have to go to Des Moines.