It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:13 pm 

2 things make a tourney win almost impossible: 1. 4 games in 4 days 2. Wichita St

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:14 pm 

That's why getting the 7 seed would be huge in my opinion. Hell, just getting to Sunday and playing on CBS would be a huge accomplishment given how this years gone.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:08 pm 

watching this game makes me think its almost all psychological with this group. When they just let go and play instinctively they seem to reach their potential. I have always thought Coach was a little bit of a control freak. I know you cant perform well when you are thinking about how and what you should do. There is no doubt that Coach puts together some great defensive plans but offensively they seem robotic at times. I am hoping they are still developing but 4 wins in 4 days is a lot to hope for. I fear we will look back at this season as a lost opportunity....but this group has bounced back several times this year. It would be great to at least finish strong.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:28 pm 

Looking at things from my perch on the 4th floor in Akron. I must say TRUE GRIT describes this bunch, no question. All those close losses and we still come back, WOW !!
How can we lose heart when this team fights and claws !!???
Trouble is we are fighting against terrible odds--NO REAL HEIGHT !!! Rajala is a BIG but small by comparison. Definitely improved . but a true BIG schooled him.

A couple of negatives did us in today--
--ACES 50 point half, obviously
--Key t/os late
--Milton's poor shooting--AGAIN 4 for 12 or some such will NOT get it.

Bottom line--we MUST recruit some BIG STRONG forwards--TOP PRIORITY, this--A huge effort by our coaches MUST be done. Just small quick guards while good . just will not do. Jury is still out as to whether PM will do this. What a team we would have if we had two really big BIGS

WE must NOW take over the VALLEY and THEN on to bigger things while IN this Conference. At this juncture we have no need to move from the VALLEY. DEPEWL and BUTLER had delusions of grandeur--Nothing but also- rans.

I like our tourney chances Thursday notwithstanding .

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:11 pm 

updated:

http://www.mvcfans.com/wp/2016/02/14/20 ... bruary-14/

With all due respect this team has not won more than 2 in a row all season.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:51 pm 

It was a really fun atmosphere at the Joe for those last few minutes. The crowd helped get a couple of big stops. It was so loud that Keke didn't know the refs had called a shot clock violation.

The 5 second call (which seemed a little quick to me) was definitely a blunder, but embrace a great recovery to get the ball back. Not a ton you can do with the ball at midcourt with 6 seconds. Good defense by them forced Milt into a tough shot.

It should be pointed out that UE was something like 21-22 from the free throw line.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:16 pm 

It was an exciting comeback. Too bad Milt's shot didn't fall. The Joe would have gone up for grabs. I wonder if the comeback was a result of the Aces wraring down. They seemed to have a short bench, while Moser brought playets in and out of the game in 3s and 4s like a hockey shift change.
I noticed Jay Knuth wasn't at the game. I wonder why the no show.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:46 pm 

The Fella is back00I wager he and Walter went south for a while , probably to visit Walt's pals at some Dog Track !!

Should a could a !! We have a long bench so Swell just may be correct--The Aces . to me, were tired. And that will help us win a game or two in St Louis
In any case , we gave it a good shot but you do NOT let a tem light you up as did the Aces to us in that disaster of a half.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:47 am 

For what it's worth i gotta say Julius had one of his better games. 4 pts (one even a dunk over iggy), 6 boards (at least 2-3 offensive), and 2 blocks in 16 minutes. Going against one of the better big men in college basketball, i'll take it from the sophomore. He also seems to be playing with more fire and confidence the past few games than he has for the better part of his time here. Good to see for someone with two years left!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:32 pm 

Agreed. Julius made some nice plays.

The optimism surrounding the tournament around here is refreshing. However, I recall hearing last time around that it has been many years since a Thursday team has won two games, if it's happened at all. We are staring the 8 seed in the face, and as others have noted, the 8-9 game is the worst of all possible outcomes. You play at 6 p.m. Thursday night, then face Wichita State at noon the following day.

We need to make a big push and get the 7th seed. Starts with winning on Wednesday night. I hope everyone who is in town can be there!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next