It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:06 pm 

If we are the 8 seed and we advance then lets just beat Wichita State. I know it's crazy but if you want to be the best you have to beat the best. Look at what happened to them last yr. Im not afraid.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:20 pm 

ahunte1, I don't know if you know this, but there should be a good student turnout Wednesday. With Wednesday's game being Jesuit Jam this year, I would expect a large student turnout. I know several students who don't normally go to games that will come and cheer because of Jesuit Jam. That should definitely help the crowd and give more energy for a potential win.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:26 pm 

It is what it is Guys !! IF these guys run and gun with the usual solid defense ( see 2nd half against Aces--We ran played D and they tuckered out) PM's master move is playing nine maybe ten guys--If we shoot well , we can beat most teams this way . EG--Milt hits that last one--we win--He did not and we fell just short.

WE CAN DO THIS.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:29 pm 

Also good to see some quality recruits at an exciting game (even in a loss). I saw Jacobs Cam Krutwig was in attendance (big man Ahunte mentioned recently on the board) and it looked like another recruit behind the scorers table.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:22 pm 

RamblinTank22 wrote:
ahunte1, I don't know if you know this, but there should be a good student turnout Wednesday. With Wednesday's game being Jesuit Jam this year, I would expect a large student turnout. I know several students who don't normally go to games that will come and cheer because of Jesuit Jam. That should definitely help the crowd and give more energy for a potential win.

Yes! I love the Jesuit Jam. No disrespect to Sr Jean, but Jez Jam is the best tradition we have.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:36 pm 

Seems like Jesuit Jam should be earlier in season. We're probably going to get a good crowd for WSU, so why have it then?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:56 pm 

JCT wrote:
Seems like Jesuit Jam should be earlier in season. We're probably going to get a good crowd for WSU, so why have it then?

I think Jesuit Jam is this Wednesday vs UNI. Next Wednesday is the game vs WSU. So we should close out the home campaign with two solid crowds.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:24 pm 

On a positive note, the local ABC Channel 7 had highlights of the game vs Evansville including the last 15-20 seconds or so and some nice comments.
I guess a slow sports night will do that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:55 am 

Actually a team which is playing better will do that, slow night for sure though. THIS team IS starting to be noticed--A little bit at a time--but noticed. They are playing to the max with what they have. I say again , they plainly wore out a MUCH bigger team by running being quick and using a fine coaching move by PM. Too bad it took so long. BUT it is what it is as I have said before.

This team is NOW exciting, good , and will overcome a poor placement in the tourney--I feel they will win a couple at least no matter who they play.