It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:45 pm 

Awesome win. The team has been playing so much better the last few weeks. We've really shown we have the ability to defeat anyone in this league (sans Wichita). Really wish we could have those home games vs Bradley and MoSt back--ugly losses.

HUGE game on Saturday to try to snag us that 7 seed. 6 seed isn't out of the realm of possibilities after today's win!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:57 pm 

Wow somedays you play well and lose and some days you play not so well and win...I will take it. THis team does seem to keep after it no matter what happens.
Kuddos to Ben RIchardson who locked down Bohanen after a really fast start....Kids really had to work on D . I bet UNI set 10 screens and 10 fake screens and 10 s;ip screens per possession. Milt also got some nice steals. But man we made a lot of turnovers in the paint. Thought UNI got the absolute most out of the talent they had..HOw did they beat UNC?......Devon Turk seemed to have gotten himself in the dog house and played very little in the 2nd half after a really strong start.
Best game day atmosphere in a while....the Jesuit MC had some command,,,,the band was great.....music good...students dancing ....but the high-lite was the 6th grade game at halftime.....watching those little guys shake and bake!!!!! Knuth was there tonight.

Hope everyone shows up for senior night....I think Jeff WHite, Peterson, Montel deserve to have a nice crowd...will be interesting to see if Milt is introduced aaagh..
which brings me to why do they let him handle the ball at the top of the key double AAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH'GO Ramblers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:08 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
HOw did they beat UNC?

Or Iowa State? Or at Wichita State? They had won 6 in a row coming in, but didn't look great in either game against us this year. I suppose we had a rare match-up advantage against them?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:43 pm 

You guys are all probably correct in your takes, but look at what has happened--since we have been playing nine, maybe ten men, we are making the other guys tire . There is a reason why we come booming back every time. One really good thing this evening was that we were tied at half time.
Let us just keep it going !!!

BTW I have been negative re Porter but he has truly been making great decisions--such as not starting Milt and the rest. Great and gutsy decision. OK, you can do that when everyone is doing their jobs !!! Great D and BALANCED scoring. We get out rebounded most times BUT these guys excel elsewhere AS a Team.