It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:49 pm 

Damn.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:14 pm 

Long way to go to have the talent WSU has.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:28 pm 

I think it's hilarious that the Shocker fans behind the bench were complaining about the reffing. They clearly were not watching the same game as any of us.

That said the Shockers plain beat us. They hit the shots we didn't we made mistakes. No excuses

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:41 pm 

That was disappointing. Great games from Turk and Montel. Hope Earl is okay. That looked bad.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:15 pm 

Grady and Baker really torched us-- 36 combined points on 11 of 17 from the field and 11 of 11 from the line. The rest of their team shot 14 of 33, which is human.

The injury to Earl Peterson when we were at the line trying to cut it to an 8 point lead with 17 minutes or so left to play really sucked the spirit out of the team. You could feel everything change, and 2 1/2 minutes later it was a 17 point lead. Missed free throws and ALL THOSE MISSED LAYUPS didn't help us keep the pressure on them, either.

Missouri State came from behind to beat Drake, and Indiana State lost by 22 at UNI, so we need to beat Drake in Des Moines, and hope that sinking Indiana State loses to Bradley on Senior Day, and Missouri State loses at SIU.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:21 am 

Congrats to our graduating seniors on Senior Night. You have represented us well and proudly. Great game for Devon Turk. I hope Earl Peterson literally bounces back up from his foot injury. I'm glad that Cal Kennedy scored. I am sad to see the season nearly ended.

I have nothing against the Wichita State players. But the nastiness, ultra-inflated sense of superiority (We're too good for the MVC.), whining (Refs are all against us...), hostility towards all things Rambler("homers", bush league, minor league, "podunk", lower mid-major, etc.) expressed by their fans on their message board is truly repulsive. It's inevitable: the Shockers are in for a fall. How delightful that will be to see. I'm just sorry that it didn't come this season in our "Crayola" "high school", somehow inadequate facility AKA the Gentile Arena.

Go Ramblers!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:23 am 

Nicely said GAL !! The Shockers proved that they were by far the better team. Their Fans ARE arrogant SMALL TOWN winners tend to do that--see BUTLER !! Hoops and an Air Base are all they really have. This smack-down begs these questions--
--Will WSU leave the Conference ? I really DO NOT CARE , but I do feel wherever they go, they will turn out to be just like Butler and DePewl--Also-rans .
--As improved as we are, will we under PM re-attain the heights of our past ?? Maybe , BUT not without true BIGS.
-----Next season WILL tell the tale about PM AND the LUC Administration . Will they rise to get us to X and GTN status ??
--Will Milt stay ?? Better yet, SHOULD he stay ??--He was some help late this year, but......
-----Could he help us next year?? I, for one am NOT sure, so maybe we should say, "God Bless and we hope you will rise to great things"

God Bless our TEAM --and GO RAMBLERS !! RUN !!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:22 am 

Not to turn this into an anti-Wichita fan thread, since most are perfectly respectable and pleasant to talk basketball with. I unfortunately was sat next to several of the stray fans sitting away from their bench who were on the other side. Super combative anytime time a call didn't go their way, every time Turk created a shot it was pure luck, called Earl a whiner for going down (with what looked like it may be a broken foot), and insisted Ben's foul on the steal-fast-break was "clearly flagrant." It makes a game tough to watch when you the opposing fans are complaining up 18 with 4 minutes left.

I asked them about the future of Wichita and their underclassmen and one of them said with Sunrise Christian as Marshall's feeder school they'll never have any problems with recruits. And that he thinks with Baker going in the lottery of the draft this year(?!?!?!?) more NBA talent would attend. Probably off base on a good deal of what he was saying and not a good representation of their fans but I had to get that out of my system.

As for the game Turk and Montel played great. The progression of both players in their time at Loyola is a joy to see. I think Maurice really showed up in a big way playing solid defense and was strong on the glass (6 rebounds in 9 minutes!). Thought we did a good job on Shaq Morris, but stop one big man and another rises up, Grady played a heck of a game; good to see given his previous injury, just wish it was against someone else. Milt's foul trouble hurt, especially when Earl, probably our next best shot creator, went down. Hope he's okay, but it looked it might be pretty serious.

I saw Rambler commit Cam Satterwhite at the game. The kid is LOOOOOOOONG. Kind of has a body similar to Milt's with even longer arms. Him, Clayton, Bruno, plus two other recruits and the returning Jay Knuth will have a tall order to fill to replace these seniors; but they look to be an exciting group to try and do it.

On to Drake! And rooting for the Bradley Braves like never before.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:35 am 

Well after the fake weather Armageddon and my gnashing of teeth I made it down to the game.
1. I would almost rather have the crowd and atmosphere we had last night than win . Even though it was not full it is obvious that if we ever consistently fill this place it will be a great atmosphere. Students had energy all night.
2. Seemed like we just over tried last night....." gonna show that Baker" and we had a lot more one on one stuff going on. Just made it easier for us to be guarded by a good defensive team. ALso rushed our shots,,,,,,missed gimmies after a couple of WS blocks
3. As much as Brot wants us to run and gun I dont think that should be the plan against WS....calm, cool and collected and grind them out.
4. A couple of players had really poor games....made me wonder about a couple of things.
5. Was curious to see what PM would come up with on Defense and he chose to double the post but their bigs were well schooled in passing out of the post then they reversed the ball and bingo open 3.....impressive
6. Baker is impressive on O and D.......will be interesting to see if he makes NBA
7. Man they had some shot blockers.
8. Thought the team played hard and refused to get down......definitely disappointed after loss
9. Turk has really turned into a full player from his freshman year when he was just a spot up 3 player.....who got spun around on defense.
10. As the seniors were introduced looked like the relationship between coach and seniors was strong and genuine.....god to see.
11. Am wondering if Ramblers can mantain their energy level for a run at the Arch......They were really pumped up and then deflated last night.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:26 am 

One benefit to last night...Milt wasn't with the Seniors.

Rumor has it that he is going to stick around and work on a double major.