It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Rising ??
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:07 am 

OK, here is Brot's take on PM , its players and 'Quo Vadis " ??

PORTER--From mid season on plus the Creighton game (which proved to me that like DePewl and Butler, the Jays are truly OVER-RATED and do NOT belong in the Big East), Porter did a commendable job with what he recruited. Will he and his RAMBLERS rise ?? Maybe ,with what players he loses and what he gets next season--BUT doubtful without quick fast BIGS, which he seems to abhor.--I look to rising a notch or two in Conf at best--Not good enough--one win in ST Louis--also NOT good enough--NIT or better in two years or he should be replaced.
--He IS improving our schedule, but he MUST win big in it and MVC

PLAYERS--These present guys are and were as courageous as it gets--Full marks to them and PM--for changing--. All improved except ----MILT, in my opinion he under performed.
Far too many t/os and not enough scoring--should have been at 15/17 PPG. Good on Defense as they all were

Whither Goest,,,,, Next season will tell the tale. Without new powerful BIGS and continued improvement with what he has, we go nowhere and he is probably gone. If he and team rises seriously he will have started us on the road up !!

Fans and Media--The Fans (students and others ) will come IF we WIN WIN WIN !! The Media ? They will be forced to notice IF we Win-- They do love DePewl and Big whatever win OR lose. So LUC MUST win them over to at least neutrality with BIG wins and a ton of them.

Success to me will be the day that Shockers are just another scheduled brace of games ( much the same as we treated N. Iowa this season)

I have written this now as this season whether it is a 6th 7th or 8th place is NOT GOOD ENOUGH ! Any success in St Louis will be a comfort only--

To these and those "Davids" of ours who fought " Goliath" game after game---HATS OFF !!!! and GOD BLESS !! You guys NEVER quit !!

Post subject: Re: Rising ??
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:28 pm 

Gee ! No comments anyone--Pro or con ??? Oh well, its still fun and its still what I* think.

Post subject: Re: Rising ??
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:34 pm 

Some people work for taskmaster bosses Brot...

Even with some nice wins in February, we need to win tomorrow and on Thursday at least to convince me to fully believe in keeping Porter. Anything less wouldn't put me on the "Porter Must Go" bandwagon, but I don't think it'd be a mistake to get rid of him at 14-17. As for the BIGS, yes it's a huge black mark on Porter's record that he brought in more forwards that haven't panned out (Osborne, O'Leary, King, Johnson) than ones that did (CT & Montel). I think the CO JUCO kid would be a step in the right direction. It would allow Ingram to move out to the wing, where he's way more likely to flourish. But we still need depth. We need Rajala and Kirby to really step up this offseason.