It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:37 pm 

Good night, Porter. Losses to three (!) of THE worst teams in DI. The line needs to be drawn somewhere.

Zero interest from the student body. Makes it hard to care as an alum.

Eighth seed in a year where the Valley is as weak as it ever will be. We've done very little to show we belong.

A change has to happen.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:50 pm 

Moan and groan all you want guys !! BUT we shot poorly BECAUSE WE WAIIED TOO LONG to get a shot off and time and time again it was NOT the best shot but the only one. FOR THIS I blame Porter Moser. You can blame the team all you want BUT HE IS the coach. As far as good attitude goes, well, he and the team left it on the floor LAST year.
You guys ,including me will say how nice and good these guys are and have been. BUT we are NOT winning. We talk about 8/9 seed playing WSU --SO WHAT !! We should be like WSU but we are not--WHY NOT ??
If PM leaves now or next year, so what !! We at LUC must have a WINNER , not just a bunch of good nice guys !

We lost to the last place team !! No way should the refs be in a spot to influence or NOT influence this game.

I feel we have gone as far as we can with PM--It is NOW up to Watson or whomever runs the thing.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:51 pm 

With Peterson and Smith out this was a game where I expected White and Richardson to "step up." Neither did, very disappointing!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:58 pm 

Drake didn't have Enevold or Abrahamson, so they were worse off than we were.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:04 pm 

JCT wrote:

The Drake fans behind me at Gentile would tell you they were better off

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:36 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
JCT wrote:

I think almost every Drake fan would agree with me that Drake was better off without Abrahamson......it's just amazing to us that it took Giacoletti this long to figure it out.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:53 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
JCT wrote:

LOL. Never seen a bigger dropoff from non-conf. to conference play... and that's coming from a longtime Loyola fan.

The team we saw today was the one all those people were imagining when they belly ached about us joining the league. Today's team would fit in nicely between Cleveland State and UIC at the bottom of the HL standings.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:08 pm 

OK !! Perhaps someone of you folks would review for me the following---

---Years left on Porter Moser's contract--
---Signees arriving next season and their size

Did our coach address our specific needs or did he just sign guards ??

Thank s bunch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:03 am 

I just can't anymore. I graduated LUC in '99. I've been a season ticket holder since then. As we can all attest, seen some very disappointing seasons with relatively few bright ones. Our bright seasons would never be seen as bright by the programs that we desire/need to emulate. Yesterday told me everything I need to know about this team. They're soft. The only way I will admit that I'm wrong is if they beat Wichita State next Friday - assuming Bradley doesn't avenge their loss to us two years ago. Maybe the students who don't attend games aren't the misguided ones. Maybe it's me. Maybe I'm the dumb one who makes the effort to go to the games when it's freezing or snowing just because I think this team deserves to play in front of as many fans as possible. I'm curious how this season and optimism for the next will be spun. It's hard to bring new fans to games and get them excited about Loyola basketball when the school last appeared in the NCAA Tournament 30 years ago. At some point, it's on them to win. No amount of money donated to the Varsity Club can fix what I saw yesterday. You want more money? You need to win. Loyola needs a signature winning season. They need this more than anything. That will set in motion everything this program needs for sustained success. If Belmont and Valpo can do it, why can't we? How can Dayton be light years ahead of Loyola? Just by virtue of being in Chicago, Loyola should be the premier Catholic university in the United States - not just athletically but academically too. I mean, more prominent than any of the Big East schools. For the first time, I've lost optimism that we will ever win.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:57 am 

brot4britu wrote:
OK !! Perhaps someone of you folks would review for me the following---

---Years left on Porter Moser's contract--
---Signees arriving next season and their size

Did our coach address our specific needs or did he just sign guards ??

Thank s bunch

1.) 2
2.) At this point: he just signed guards. One is supposed to be a really nice pick-up (6'3 Cameron Satterwhite who decommitted from Colorado). The other is a 6'3 Croatian guard Bruno Skokna, who not much is known about him besides being named after a Loyola bar. The Colorado JUCO though would be a nice pick up that addresses our lack of size next year. We also just offered Dwight Wilson, a 6'7 PF from Tallahassee, but he is a Class of 2017 recruit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next