It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 4:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:02 pm 

The advantage of coming to Arch Madness is if you sit around the bar or attend a few of the post game events, you get a true lay of the land so to speak.
Barring a six win season or three of more players flunking out or two of the men get arrested on campus, PM is not going anywhere.
As a matter of fact, two of the extreme higher ups expressed the feeling that the university needs to get him more resources so he can advance the program.
There was a great post game party down the street from the hotel, It was sponsored by alumni relations and Porter showed up and gave a nice talk.
It has been a great time down here at Arch Madness. Well worth the trip.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:42 pm 

I am truly sorry to say this, BUT we have hit maximum with Moser--He has done fairly well in getting us at least one win in each of our first three Valley seasons BUT his athletes cannot get us higher . He is trying to win with a minimum of talented bigs. Cannot be done. Announcers have been commenting on our inability to put teams away--In my opinion. he goes conservative late. That hurts us with an unbalanced team. Bigs get boards--We do not.
Increased budget will help some--BUT it is a mind set with him--and NO amount of funds will alleviate that. We are shorter than each of the other nine Valley teams. Maybe knowing PM and his style, BIGS do NOT wish to come to LUC.
We are an unbalanced team--no question.
AND BTW , the Valley is a rough and tough conference--WE NEED muscle to counteract this.

We won this evening because we made some great defensive plays against a brutal Bradley team which will be tough soon as they get to know how to play.

Watson now has the ball--

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:04 am 

We all know how this season has gone. We all know the likely end of it tomorrow (although, still a shooter's chance). I will say this though: some of the biggest whiners and complainers I heard and read when we came to the MVC were from Bradley fans. So tonight is a little more satisfaction that we ended their season...for the second time in 3 years since we entered the conference. They've claimed we're a terrible conference member, well what does that make them? We've also now won at least one MVC tournament game every year we've been in the conference.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:39 am 

Grad-Dad , Bradley fans' animosity goes to small one industry town vis-à-vis BIG City and the fact that way back in the day, they were dirty, we were not ( late 40s)
These people have trouble living it down.
It really will be tough on those folks when we take over the Valley from WSU.. Make no mistake, it WILL happen.
I really hope I am around when the Ramblers Aces and Trees run things. It might be sooner than later.

Watson was not hired just to sit around and glad hand.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:14 am 

heard last night that our "big" Montel set a record for rebounds in an MVC tourney game. Guess we cannot rebound!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:30 am 

25yearstreak wrote:
The advantage of coming to Arch Madness is if you sit around the bar or attend a few of the post game events, you get a true lay of the land so to speak.
Barring a six win season or three of more players flunking out or two of the men get arrested on campus, PM is not going anywhere.

So a 7 win season next year like his first season means he's safe? I mean again, I think it's not a clear cut call, but the bar is set quite low if Porter is considered that safe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:46 am 

With student debt rising and non disclosure of a budget and expenses. I wouldn't commit a donation because you don't know where it goes. If I was a student or the person paying I certainly wouldnt like subsidizing athletes to the tune of a couple of grand a year. Some transparency would go a long way but that's not usually what a catholic institutions does.
If Kelly or Watson wants PM gone let them raise the money for it. And then hold Kelly responsible for giving the contract in the first place.
So streak is right Porter isn't going anywhere.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:51 am 

17 BOARDS ?? Magnificent !! This from a man playing out of his normal position ! Great !! I mean superb !! BUT we were out-boarded once again. It always takes more than one to win the boards. Coach even mentioned that Ingram should help !! Let us face it we are defeated on the boards game after game and THAT is where offense starts.
Sorry seventeen boards by the MAN while the best , is NOT good enough.

If we stay with WSU on the boards we will have somewhat of a chance--if not, well we will be in trouble--more so than the seventeen point spot in the odds.
One thing I feel though is we will NOT quit as we did against Drake--Too much pride inside our gang.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:02 am 

Well then 86 , how do other Catholic Schools succeed on a HIGHER level than do we ?? Your points are well taken BUT compared to GTN , X et al , they MUST have solved the problem. We MUST do the same, Kelly notwithstanding.
Watson is NOT there to glad hand as I have said before.

BTW LUC has offered a nice package to my Grandson as has GTN and Vandy---So the two Catholic schools do have the $$ as does DUQUESNE who also offered.

My point is, as we did last year , we made an investment--Our boys delivered--This year PM and the team did not.
Time to make an investment in a Xavier level type Coach.

You know PM will be successful in a new level of Di1 , say the MAAC or ---- I believe this.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:17 am 

http://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/news ... -from.html

How about no loans in student aid packages. Isnt this more useful than a new building?

They succeed because they have a large giving base that is actively engaged with clear cut giving objectives. Loyola has some but with athletics its been sorely lacking.