It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Next Year.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:11 pm 

Well it is next year already as far as basketball goes with the exception of possible more signess. So what do you think the line up will be.....and then what would you like to sign. For funsies we will assume Milton is returning. Include positions.
Here goes
pg...Custer 2 guard Ben Richardson the 3 Milton Doyle power forward Donte Ingram Center Rajala

Knuth gets minutes at the 3,4 and 5. Kirby gets some minutes at the 5 Adgei gets some minutes at the 4 and Satterwhite gets some minutes at the 2 and 3.

Yikes ...now i am concerned (this is assuming that Tyson Smith will not contribute much next year because of his injury) So I am saying we need a big guy for development at the 4/5 and an experienced point guard. I would hate to have to use Milton at the pg spot again.

Post subject: Re: Next Year.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:20 pm 

Bruno Skokna will also add minutes at the 2 and 3 guard. He'll probably the biggest mystery going into next year, regardless of who else we add since there's not much easy to find tape/info on him.

I'm also curious to see what Jay Knuth brings coming back. He should flashes as a freshmen but was also erratic and his minutes dissipated to 3 or 4 minutes a game by the end of the year. But his best games came against bigger teams like Texas Tech, Northern Iowa and Wichita State.

Pernell is also intriguing. He was extremely raw this year but athletically he looked to be among the best on our team. 4 rebounds in 10 minutes during his surprise start against Creighton was impressive (but he also had 3 fouls...).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:47 pm 

Hard to say what will happen with Smith as well as Pernell. Pernell played so few minutes I would not be surprised if he is not back next year.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:50 pm 

I have realized that I am already very excited for next year. I am afraid that Satterwhite and Skokna will not have the impact we are expecting and they will just play minimal minutes. I am really hoping we get a solid 4 so that Ingram can play the 3 it has been disappointing seeing him played out of position. Pernell is so athletic but very raw and we were not able to see how he had progressed by the end of the year. With how little he played it would have made sense to redshirt him but oh well I hope he can develop his skills because that athleticism is impressive.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:27 am 

I think Skokna and Satterwhite will have to play decent minutes no matter what. If not them then who else will come off the bench to contribute at the guard positions? Satterwhite looks like he's loaded with talent, but he'll be coming off an injury and we might not see his full potential until his sophomore year.

I look at next year to be closer to the 14-15 season in that we'll be forced to play freshmen/transfers more often than not simply due to the numbers game.

Moving forward I also will be curious if/how Ben adjusts to becoming the teams go to 3 pt threat with Turk gone. He lead the valley in 3 pt % according to the Arch Madness broadcast announcers. But he only took 81 3's where as Turk never took less than 150 in a season.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:20 pm 

I guess I shouldn't have said minimal minutes but I was more meaning won't have as strong of an impact. I am just nervous that Satterwhite with the injury and adjusting to college ball won't be ready right away and won't be at his best. Skokna we just don't know much about so I'm not that convinced.