It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 8:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:53 pm 

I'm starting to wonder if there are bigger problems under the hood at LU.
What are the debt structures on the new buildings.
Are there problems with pensions being underfunded.
Are there problems with pay structure and university contracts
Is there a problem with the med center and is that why Bergfeld was moved there.
Did giving come up way short and that is why Daffron was moved

These types of issues seem to fit a person of Rooneys background more than advancing the university forward.
Loyola is hardly transparent so nothing would surprise me

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:22 am 

Wow!!! How depressing!

Come on Brot....I need one of your optimistic posts!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 10:28 am 

didn't mean to be depressing but its been about 2 years since Father Garanzini floated the idea of moving out of the President's seat. After all this time, this is the best Loyola could come up with? I'm trying to figure out what skills she has that fit with running the largest Jesuit University and I keep looking at the finances of the university.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:07 pm 

Not a lot of information, nothing about athletics but an interview with the new Pres, http://www.loyolaphoenix.com/2016/05/rooney/

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 8:30 am 

I have a lot of faith in Garazinini. I do not believe he would leave with the University in a precarious financial bind. After all he raised $500 million in 1.5 years less than originally planned. I am not sure what the future for sports is but I can't see us going back on the commitments that have been made already. I am cautiously optimistic! I also have to believe he wholeheartedly is behind this choice.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 1:33 pm 

Has anyone found published information on how much Loyola has actually raised? I had lunch with a former development person and the thought was around 90 million

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 2:44 pm 

As mentioned in the Phoenix story, State of Illinois budget problems-- specifically no IMAP grant program funding in 2015-16-- cost Loyola $10 million. So that doesn't help at all.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 10:18 pm 

Hoo Boy !! Robbie asks me for one of my "optimistic" posts !! Well, it IS difficult to do so without facts--and fgacts are difficult to come by when we realize we are a PRIVATE U as opposed to a State run entity. This, plus the fact that LUC through the years has been even more tardy with facts and actions.
However, despite the foregoing, my ONLY concern s that I really hope that our new President was appointed for her know how and will to get things done POSITIVELY--I TRUST that her appointment was NOT through political concerns first and foremost.
The key word in above is TRUST !! I do have trust that she will get things done Positively. Now Events just may dictate this--
One BIG event is the SWOOPES affair and the fact that the NCAA is watching as is our Conference. She I feel because of this will act swiftly and without prejudice. (We are NOT as independent as we used to be.
I feel she WILL do the right things athletically along with of course academically--As I stated before my main reason for giving her the initial benefit is the PENTAGON--I have yet to hear from one of my Pals there--who did retire as a "16" --That btw is good in the scheme of things Government.

My feelings in addition to above is she will give a vote of confidence to PORTER --Maybe Watson , and we might see a new deal in the 'Ladder" of things shortly !!

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:27 am 

The annual report for 2014 has giving at 24 mil but report Illinois has us at 35. Could the extra ten be the Scrieber donation for the new building. I do know that 2015 the target was 45 mil and the last I heard they were way short. I guess we have to wait for the annual financial report for 2015. If Daffron was recalled to save face because he didn't get the job done with fundraising then I'm glad because it would be one of the first times someone was held accountable. I hoping Rooney holds Kelly and his crew responsible for Swoopes and campus security. Both report to Kelly and both are in sad shape.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6