It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: New Offer: Vlatko Granic
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:54 am 

Per verbal commits

http://verbalcommits.com/players/vlatko-granic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:03 pm 

From Croatia (maybe a connection to Bruno?); averaged 14 and 10 as a Sophomore at Weatherford Junior College.

Post subject: Re: New Offers
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:06 pm 

Another potential recruit I was able to find with some digging was Devontavius Payne. JUCO Second Team All-American. Reminds me of a guard we recruited last year in Marcus Johnson Jr. Ended up at Little Rock and was one of their leading scorers. The article doesn't clarify which Loyola offered him, but given he's from the Midwest and UNI also has offered i have to assume it's us. Would love to see us add an explosive scoring guard to replace Earl's production.

http://thesouthern.com/sports/basketbal ... 238c8.html

Post subject: Re: New Offers
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:22 pm 

Blurs wrote:
Another potential recruit I was able to find with some digging was Devontavius Payne. JUCO Second Team All-American. Reminds me of a guard we recruited last year in Marcus Johnson Jr. Ended up at Little Rock and was one of their leading scorers. The article doesn't clarify which Loyola offered him, but given he's from the Midwest and UNI also has offered i have to assume it's us. Would love to see us add an explosive scoring guard to replace Earl's production.

http://thesouthern.com/sports/basketbal ... 238c8.html

Payne's coach at Logan CC is the older brother of SIU's guard Tyler Smithpeters, so together with the fact he's from Carbondale I would expect SIU to have a big advantage on anybody else--- unless he's had enough of downstate Illinois and wants to try Cincinnati.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:04 pm 

Good point JCT. I haven't been able to find anything on southern recruiting him thus far(also haven't looked) but definitely something to look out for. One thing in our favor with him is that as a carbondale kid he most likely grew up watching Bryan Mullins play. Given his reputation down there I'm sure that holds some weight.