It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Stadium Doubleheader
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:36 am 

NU to play Dayton and U of I to play BYU. I dont know why this bugs me so much. I guess I hoped that we would resurrect the old Stadium doubleheader or at least be a part of it. I guess to me it would have signified that we were back or at least making the attempt to be back. Instead it makes me think we dont have the fortitude to be bold and really go after it.....instead declaring our intentions and hoping for a stroke of luck. The truth probably lies in between but man I really wish that was LU with the double header headlines instead we get Swoopes, Swoopes Swoopes. Probably what we deserved for not going after it.

Post subject: Re: Stadium Doubleheader
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:03 am 

Natey--in my opinion. it has NOTHING to do with us but everything to do with the Big Whatever they are !!! The Media could not care less about us--BLAME ?? Both us AND the Media. A sad by-product is the Valley actually thought they were getting a Chicago presence---More's the pity !!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:07 pm 

Whether it's double headers, scheduling, budgets, publicity, recruiting, or winning, the first order of business is filling the Joe. That's where boldness is needed. The most devastating sign for this program I have ever seen was the empty arena for the opening game last season after 24 wins and a CBI trophy. Tough as our players are, that was likely a factor in the spotty performance of the team in the early going.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:31 pm 

Excellent point Screamy !! You know, poor attendance MUST have an adverse effect on recruiting as well. For the life of me, I do not understand the students !!
They should turn out in droves. NO EXCUSES !!

Pass out freebies to the neighborhood schools at least ---That would bring bodies in. Better that than empty seats.