PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:20 pm 

Aundre Jackson, 6'5" 230 juco. Looks like he's a junior

http://www.loyolaramblers.com/sports/m- ... 16aad.html

Post subject: Re: A surprise signing?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:22 pm 

Is he a slightly taller Leon Young?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:44 pm 

WEll, now !! With these recruits we got bigger overall !! There is a lot of talent there. Porter apparently did his job recruiting-wise. It looks now that we are truly a contender--We in the Valley, had to compete with talent. Now, we are the ones with a lot of it--AND we ARE BIGGER !!
Get the boards , guys. and we will truly be on our way !! One proviso---Leave Oxen-ball in the trash can. Wooden style Please. !!

Go Ramblers !!! YAY !!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:45 pm 

Surprising that there was a signing we had no clue existed. I'm also afraid he will be undersized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:00 pm 

This Junior class is HUGE. There's gonna have to be a massive reload after the 17-18 season (is that the last on Porters contract?)

As for Aundre at 6'5'' 230 sounds like a high motor scrapper and someone who could easily become a fan favorite. If he can bring even a fraction of CT's intensity to the game our front court will be in good shape.

Here's his twitter
https://twitter.com/YouTheBOSS_Dre

And a short article about his tournament run
http://kennedalenews.com/former-wildcat ... 95-155.htm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:28 pm 

We have had some pretty good players that size.....the man with 3 first names Alfredrick Hughs, Blake Schibe, Gerald Hayward, Leon Young (only 6'5 with his hair cut). We may now have a complete and versatile front line . A back to the basket with the Julius ( who I predict will have filled out and grown up and will be a monster next year, A true power forward in Treyvonne Andres and a guy that can work inside/outside in Aundre Jackson. It seems we have always had to work around an incomplete front line....not no more. Arbys has the meats....We have the BIGS!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:48 pm 

Another exciting part of this signing is adding a second scoring forward may allow Donte to shift to his more natural 3 position. It would help us both offensively and defensively by adding more height to the lineup (especially against Illinois State who always seem way longer than we are). I think he excels more as a slasher and being able to play on the perimeter more and giving him room to drive would help this team two fold.

Nate- You really think Julius will take that big of a step? I loved what i saw from him against Bradley in the tournament and he actually did a good job mixing it up against Wichita the following game. I don't know about him being a monster yet but even if he could consistently give 6 pts 5 boards a game I'd be happy with these other two forwards aboard.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:39 pm 

I hope you guys are right about this kid's ability. We badly needed some energy, muscle and someone to take up space in the paint most of last year. The signing article comparison (Christian Thomas) is encouraging.

I really like what we can do when we're quick and long. The style of play we used in 2014-15 (the CBI season) showed what we could do by playing a lot of guys with guard ball handling skills in the 6'4" to 6'7" range. I think those kinds of players-- Akoon-Purcell, Kristian Smith, Doyle (especially before injury), Christian Thomas, MiKyle McIntosh, etc.-- really tend to feast in this league. Chastain has a chance to be one of those guys.

Now I'm starting to wonder about the starting lineup. I'd say it's Custer, Richardson, Doyle, Ingram, Andres. That's a starting lineup of 1 senior and 4 juniors, with an average of 2.57 stars from recruiting sites. We should have a lot of versatility, with two freshman shooting guards (Satterwhite and Skokna), a versatile freshman scorer (6'6" Matt Chastain), Rajala (and Kirby?) for size, and Jackson for some mid-sized muscle. We may be a bit thin at PG behind Custer.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:16 pm 

With the signing of Andres and Jackson I believe Coach Moser and the staff are making a major effort to eliminate one of the major problems for the team in conference play. That is where several teams have used stronger players to back down Loyola defenders for easy baskets. I hope these two young men are up to the challenge.