It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:37 pm 

I understand where both Ahunte and JCT is coming from.

In a perfect world (hopefully in a few years after some great success), we'd be able to play H&Hs with great P5 teams (even if it means we probably play them at the UC for the extra capacity). But we have to be realistic about our money situation, our lack of recent success/30+ year NCAA drought, and the macro supply and demand in college basketball scheduling. All three work against us. So rather than trying to be a big fish in a small pond, play a low major schedule, and hope for things to get better, lets try to actively move up in the world.

The other SEC teams JCT named would be more ideal for a win, and most any Big Ten team would be ideal for a big road trip. But this is still a really solid matchup for PM to land. While I'm one of the more pessimistic members of the board in terms of Porter's scheduling philosophy, I think it's too demanding to say that he has to get a perfect game for us. It's a nice step in the right direction, and for that, I'm happy.

As for this game, it could be a trap game, especially if UF beats FSU. But if FSU beats them, this could also be the type of game where they will look to take out their frustration on us. Either way, I expect us to be at least competitive. It'd be a huge win for the program to go in and give them a scare, even if only to say we belong on the same court as a perennial NCAA team. If we lose by 40, hopefully it'll be a wakeup call for whatever problems the team is having and get them corrected for conference play. While a blowout would be a little embarrassing, it'd be way less embarrassing than losing to SIU three times.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:29 pm 

Porter is really recruiting AND scheduling well these days !! YAY for him. The Gator game is a real coup --especially since K St weaseled out. Our schedule is rounding out nicely-- Our team is BIGGER--We should be a favorite to winn the Valley ( Yup I see us as that good--
It is truly looking to me that our only weakness is the Student body--This should be cured with a nice run through the Non Conf schedule --These kids cannot ALL be brain dead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:30 pm 

Just read that Norfolk State will be playing at Loyola again this year. The blurb did not give a date for the game.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:16 pm 

galena rambler wrote:
Just read that Norfolk State will be playing at Loyola again this year. The blurb did not give a date for the game.

Good to know our money is always good in Norfolk.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:48 pm 

http://www.nsuspartans.com/schedule.asp ... hedule=145

12/9. Time TBA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:36 pm 

Somehow, despite having a very low budget, Norfolk State has got some pretty good home games--- Niagara, Bowling Green, and Kent State. Old Dominion (a local rival) is considered a home game despite being held at a larger, off campus arena.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7