It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 43  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:27 pm 

I think you are missing someone in your count. http://www.ramblermania.net/extras/mbb- ... hip-chart/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:46 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
I think you are missing someone in your count. http://www.ramblermania.net/extras/mbb- ... hip-chart/

Thanks. I didn't hear that Cooper Kaifes had committed to LU.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:20 pm 

Re: Tim Finke

For what it's worth, a poster on an Illini message board claims he has a source saying the Ramblers are in the lead for Finke.
http://www.illinoisloyalty.com/Forums/s ... 93&page=71

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:56 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
Re: Tim Finke

For what it's worth, a poster on an Illini message board claims he has a source saying the Ramblers are in the lead for Finke.
http://www.illinoisloyalty.com/Forums/s ... 93&page=71

Nice find! Hopefully some of those posters "sources" are legit. Finke would definitely be the ideal player to complete this class. I highly doubt he'd commit before the Spring, but if he did and we land him... wow. Hopefully having a relatively complete class will help us really go all in on him. If not though, I'm still pretty high on Keshawn Justice and Markeese Hastings as wings/stretch 4's.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:06 pm 

Hope this isn't annoying, but a couple players we have been linked to have updates:

Ty Mosley out of Orr HS has committed to UW-Milwaukee. Not a huge surprise with us getting Budjoso, but he was a strong local guard and I liked his game. Good recruiting by the new coaches up at UWM

Also Xavier Pinson out of Simeon has reopened his commitment. He said on twitter he feels like he rushed his commitment to Kent State. A lot of recruiting experts think he was underrecruited, and I bet some bigger names started talking in his ear. Again, with Budjoso I doubt we are pushing for him, but something interesting to note. Another guy we were in on before he might blow up in the near future.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:21 pm 

Nice catches! Not at all annoying.

I feel like Pinson's someone we won't get involved with. He transferred to Simeon this year which rubbed some the wrong way, but then to decommit from Kent State a few days after committing... not the best look. Reminds me a lot of Roosevelt Smart who transferred 3 times in high school, verbally committed in 2015, but then didn't sign on signing day and has bounced around since.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:43 am 

Dansen wrote:
Hope this isn't annoying...

Not to worry. I have set the bar pretty high for what's considered annoying on Ramblermania. Or is it pretty low?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:57 am 

Blers wrote:
Reminds me a lot of Roosevelt Smart who transferred 3 times in high school, verbally committed in 2015, but then didn't sign on signing day and has bounced around since.

It took me two or three tries, but I finally found Roosevelt Smart.... He's on the roster as a sophomore at North Texas University this season. Apparently, he played one year at a New Mexico JC and did very well-- 18 ppg. So the timeline goes like this:

2012-13: Palatine
2013-14: St. Viator
2014-15: Sunrise Christian
2015-16: ?
2016-17: New Mexico JC
2017-18: University of North Texas

Coincidentally, North Texas is playing their opening game of the season against Eureka College in Denton, Texas on November 10. Eureka then travels to Loyola for their game against the Ramblers on Sunday, November 12.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:45 pm 

Nice research JCT. It's crazy to think he's only starting to play D1 ball now. This list doesn't even include his recent commitment to Arkansas State, he committed there in the Spring but then decommitted following a coaching change. 5 years, at least six teams.

Going back to Finke, it's worth noting that he played for the Meanstreets AAU, which is where our new DOBO Jevon Mamon is coming from. Definitely a good connection to have.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:48 pm 

Blers wrote:

Going back to Finke, it's worth noting that he played for the Meanstreets AAU, which is where our new DOBO Jevon Mamon is coming from. Definitely a good connection to have.

Nice find Blers! I followed that up with Roy Schmidt from PrepBullsEye (kind of an annoying guy but knows everything about Chicago/Illinois recruiting

Also an interesting article came out today about Finke's summer and his dropoff, the family is saying a back injury but teams are starting to call again: http://www.news-gazette.com/sports/prep ... hurry.html

Seems like its going to be a big fight for him but that would be an amazing recruit!

Attachments:
finke_prep.png
finke_prep.png [ 76.5 KiB | Viewed 9318 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 43  Next