It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:27 am 

I believe that tomorrow is the deadline for players to sign to play DI, so hopefully we hear something today or tomorrow in regards to this last spot.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:58 am 

For the 2018 recruiting class we have the following scholarship players: point guard Isaiah Bujdoso; shooting guards Tykei Greene and Cooper Kaifes; and power forward Frank Agunanne. Tate Hall is going to sit out next year as a very strong shooting guard who'll be a junior in 2019-20. That means we should have one spot left open.

So we're waiting on what?.... a juco small forward? I think we need someone in that 6'5" to 6'6" range who can drive to the basket, with decent speed, who can do some rebounding and shoot midrange jumpers or threes. Losing both Ingram and Aundre Jackson at the same time leaves a big void in skill sets. I know Aher Uguak is reputed to be able to handle that role, but he doesn't have much backup.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:18 am 

Kinda sounds like you are describing Avery, unfortunately.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:29 am 

I have a feeling our bench next year is going to be a lot "bigger", slightly different look than this year. I expect Negron getting healthy minutes off the bench, and we will see how Frank adapts to college along with the other freshman. A little less spacing, I see Bruno and Negron and whichever freshman develops quickest making up our bench. It'll be interesting for sure, mostly guards and bigs coming off the bench

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:39 am 

JCT wrote:
So we're waiting on what?.... a juco small forward? I think we need someone in that 6'5" to 6'6" range who can drive to the basket, with decent speed, who can do some rebounding and shoot midrange jumpers or threes. Losing both Ingram and Aundre Jackson at the same time leaves a big void in skill sets. I know Aher Uguak is reputed to be able to handle that role, but he doesn't have much backup.

Have to wonder if we’re gonna even fill the last spot. At most we run a 9 MAYBE 10 man rotation under Porter. 11 available scholarship players right now... I think Negron is your Jackson and uguak is your Ingram. Donte didn’t really have a back up himself last year

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:41 am 

Mullins and Valentine recently followed on Twitter Chris Arcidiacono, a 6'4" shooting guard from Philly who is the brother of Ryan of Villanova and now the Bulls fame.
Chris recently announced he would take a prep year in hopes of getting more and better offers. I kinda hope we can sign him as a 2018 recruit, if for no other reason than to see how Brot and NatetheSkate mangle the spelling of his name.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/chris-arcidiacono

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:19 pm 

We’ve reached out to Towson Sophomore Guard, Zane Martin. He scored 19.8 ppg and shot 38% from 3. I don’t think anyone should hold their breath on him since he’s getting a few P5 and A10 looks, but it’s still super cool that we can throw our hat in on a guy like this now. He’d have to sit out a year.

https://twitter.com/arosenfelddvhr/stat ... 44064?s=21

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:19 pm 

As FleetWolf so persuasively argued, you can never have too many 6'4" shooting guards!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:02 am 

Just maybe the book on 2018 Recruiting may not be closed yet.

Bryan Mullins just followed Montaque Gill-Caesar, who has been on an interesting basketball journey and may be eligible this upcoming season as a grad transfer. A 6'6" wing, he attended Huntington Prep where he was a Rivals 4 star, Top 50 prospect. Signed with Missouri, had a good freshman year there but decided to transfer after a coaching change. Transfered to San Diego State. After sitting out a year his career there was marked by a series of injuries. He left the team in December 2017 citing "medical reasons". An article from a local newspaper said he was on track to graduate, which would make him an eligible grad transfer for next year.
I have found nothing online to suggest that any schools are recruiting him as a grad transfer. He is a Canadian, so maybe Mullins has a Canadian source he developed from recruiting Uguak and Bujdoso who tipped him off that Gill-caesar was looking to get back in the game.

This is a very interesting situation which I'll try to keep tabs on.
Signing him wouldn't affect our recruiting the 2019 class, as he'll be gone by the time the 2019s arrive.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:41 am 

swellafelon wrote:
Just maybe the book on 2018 Recruiting may not be closed yet.

Bryan Mullins just followed Montaque Gill-Caesar, who has been on an interesting basketball journey and may be eligible this upcoming season as a grad transfer. He attended Huntington Prep where he was a Rivals 4 star, Top 50 prospect. Signed with Missouri, had a good freshman year there but decided to transfer after a coaching change. Transfered to San Diego State. After sitting out a year his career there was marked by a series of injuries. He left the team in December 2017 citing "medical reasons". An article from a local newspaper said he was on track to graduate, which would make him an eligible grad transfer for next year.
I have found nothing online to suggest that any schools are recruiting him as a grad transfer. He is a Canadian, so maybe Mullins has a Canadian source he developed from recruiting Uguak and Bujdoso who tippid him off that Gill-caesar was looking to get back in the game.

This is a very interesting situation which I'll try to keep tabs on.
Signing him wouldn't affect our recruiting the 2019 class, as he'll be gone by the time the 2019s arrive.

So basically, we can take a flyer on a former top 50 prospect, hope he's healthy and plays to his potential. If he doesn't it doesn't affect our 2019 Scholarships? Count me in. Thanks for the info Swella

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next