It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 43  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:55 pm 

This offer has me sort of convinced that Clayton will be returning to the team & not grad transferring to a higher level program. Also Bruno's shown a lot as the backup 1(IMO) so far this year so perhaps Porter thinks the backcourt has 1 more year together.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:01 pm 

Agbaji just took an unofficial to Kansas. Verbal Commits has done a pretty lousy job updating as of late (Kaifes is still a two star on there), and he should be listed as a three star. Seems like the type of offer to make in hopes he doesn't blow up too big. He'd be a stellar pickup.

As for offering wings I also get the same sense Custer is returning. I also wouldn't describe Townes, Satterwhite, Skokna, Williamson, or Kaifes wings. I'd consider them 2-guards. I think Skokna and Townes have flashed combo guard potential (some ability at point) but guards none the less. We've run Donte at the 4 spot the last 3 seasons and I think that's something we're looking to replace moving forward. We have Uguak who I really liked in the open practice before the season and I would guess he may be the person to step in and replace Donte in the lineup, it's hard to say what the future holds for Avery. So looking for another athletic 6'6, 6'7 player with decent scoring ability inside and a jump shot seems to be a good way to go. JUCO recruitment usually happens pretty fast at the end of the year. Makes sense to worry about Custer leaving when we have to. You're gonna have a hard time recruiting a quality point guard when you have potentially 2 point guards in front of you. There's also the transfer market which could get a bit hectic if the new rule passes where players no longer have to sit a year.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:08 pm 

Not only do we have to replace Donte, we have to replace Jackson. I'd feel a lot better about it if we could see increasing ability and confidence from Negron over the next six weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:41 pm 

Blers wrote:
We have Uguak who I really liked in the open practice before the season and I would guess he may be the person to step in and replace Donte in the lineup, it's hard to say what the future holds for Avery.

I think Uguak is going to be a stud.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:25 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
Blers wrote:
We have Uguak who I really liked in the open practice before the season and I would guess he may be the person to step in and replace Donte in the lineup, it's hard to say what the future holds for Avery.

I think Uguak is going to be a stud.

I love projecting early (sorry everyone) but we could have a really nice lineup even after losing Richardson, Ingram and Jackson.

Starters
Custer (5th year)
Townes (5th year)
Lucas (well seasoned sophomore)
Uguak(3rd year sophomore)
Krutwig (well seasoned sophomore)

Bench
Skokna (Junior)
Satterwhite (Junior)
Negron (Sophomore)
Avery(Senior)
Agunnane (4 star Freshman)
Kaifes(3 star Freshman)
Bujdoso(High level, but unranked Freshman)
???

That's a lot of talent spread out across the years... I'm a big believer in Skokna moving into next season.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:55 am 

Looks like we're still in the mix for Lamar Norman, he recently retweeted this. Big time scorer, would be a steal.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:44 pm 

Big day for future Rambler point guard Isaiah Bujdoso. Sunrise Christian beat undefeated/13th ranked St. Benedicts.

He was recently rated in the top 50 point guards in the country by Rivals coming in at 48. Now a 3 star by both Rivals and Scout.

https://n.rivals.com/position_rankings/ ... ll/2018/PG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:03 am 

Bleirs...Help me out here....We have one spot left for this year.....and 4 of the 5 outstanding offers are to shooting forwards and one to a shooting guard who is 6'5. So looks like we are trying to fill Donte Ingrams spot?????? Also Verbal Commits shows a new offer of 1/29 to Evan Taylor a 6'5 shooting Forward out of Glenbard West. did not know if that had been posted.
What is your hunch for the last spot?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:32 am 

Blers wrote:
Big day for future Rambler point guard Isaiah Bujdoso. Sunrise Christian beat undefeated/13th ranked St. Benedicts.

He was recently rated in the top 50 point guards in the country by Rivals coming in at 48. Now a 3 star by both Rivals and Scout.

https://n.rivals.com/position_rankings/ ... ll/2018/PG

St. Benedicts is the alma mater of GreyBee and I know he would be pleased to see a future Rambler on a team that beat his Grey Bees. He loved St. Benedicts almost as much as he loved the Ramblers.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:57 am 

natetheskate wrote:
Bleirs...Help me out here....We have one spot left for this year.....and 4 of the 5 outstanding offers are to shooting forwards and one to a shooting guard who is 6'5. So looks like we are trying to fill Donte Ingrams spot?????? Also Verbal Commits shows a new offer of 1/29 to Evan Taylor a 6'5 shooting Forward out of Glenbard West. did not know if that had been posted.
What is your hunch for the last spot?

Taylor was posted in the 2019 thread. He’s only a junior. You pretty much nailed it though Nate. From what I can tell we’re looking to find a wing to backup Aher Uguak who I would expect to take Donte’s starting role. Ochai Agbai got an offer from Kansas so you can probably kiss him good bye...

Avery would be ideal in that role and was likely recruited to fill the one year gap to give the freshman time but hard to say if he’ll stick around. Lamar Norman the guard we’re still recruiting is only 6’2 but is HYPER athletic and is such a natural scorer that he may be a special case where they’d choose to player over the need.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 43  Next