It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 43  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:17 am 

I remember seeing a recruiting update with him on twitter several weeks ago when i mentioned him on this thread. He said he didn't care about what level he ended up at, he just wanted a good familial atmosphere and education. Those things worked in our favor this past season, but that said he'd come in behind two sophomore post presences which could limit early PT.

Still would be a HUGE pick up.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:53 pm 

Offered Christian Braun, a 6'4" (naturally) guard from Custer's and Richardson's alma mater.
We are his first offer per Verbal Commits.

He is class of 2019 but I don't think we have a thread for 2019 recruits.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/christian-braun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:28 pm 

Brandon Wade visited last week. According to a tweet from his Dad Denzel Valentine came along with his brother. Pretty good recruiting bonus for a kid outa Michigan. Denzel's also been retweeting some Loyola tweets from his personal account. Great pub!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:35 am 

A lot of what is happening lately that is positive makes me think that in the inner circles of college basketball Coach is well respected. We judge him on the basis of Ws and Ls...but those are affected by a lot of factors. I think when it comes to the basics of coaching he is the real goods. Now that some other things are falling into place I think we can expect a hop up the ladder....to high level mid major. If the U can get their act together to complete the picture...smiley face. Although I do not think you can discount the completion of our campus when it comes to selling recruits.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:55 pm 

No offers for a bit, but with a bunch of tournaments coming up this week expect some movement. Also with August just around the corner we could potentially see a commitment or two depending on how early some of these guys want to commit (Cam Krutwig verbally committed in August). With that in mind here's a list of some recent visits.

Lamar Norman Jr, 6'2 Combo Guard from Godwin Heights
Explosive scorer out of Michigan, plays AAU with Rambler Recruit Brandon Wade. They form a pretty dynamic duo for 1Nation out in the mitten. Quick, big explosion, bigger hair.
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV4LS0s9-Jw

Zion Griffin, 6'5 Wing, Hinsdale South
Another local product, athletic, long, already a solid build with an improving jump shot. Joe Henricksen noted him in a recent article as being under recruited and had this to say:"The athletic forward has been very productive while continuing to add to his offensive arsenal, whether it be putting it on the floor with face-up drives or knocking down shots with his improved jumper. There is no question the amount of offers will double and triple as Griffin plays out the month of July. Chicago State, UIC, UTEP, Wright State and Western Michigan have offered Griffin, while Tulsa, Loyola, Miami-Ohio and Nebraska-Omaha have shown considerable interest."
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qTqLwZ9OnA&t=60s

Sam Shafer, 6'5 wing, Lincoln Way East
SHOOTER. That's all I really know about him, his name has popped up more and more lately. Sounds like his game is growing, but regardless our squad may have a shortage of shooters after this season, finding a dedicated 3 and D player wouldn't be a bad idea. Joe Henricksen also noted him in his under recruited article: "The 6-5 wing was tagged with the label of being a one-dimensional player early on. But even with that it was the right dimension: shooting the basketball. Shafer can really shoot it and has the size, range and clean release to get his shot off, especially in the right system. He is one of the better shooters in the state and in a senior class without a whole lot of shooters."
Video: https://www.hudl.com/profile/6803839/sam-shafer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:55 am 

Zion Griffin has been offered.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:33 am 

New offer Isaiah Mill from NY. 6'7 wing strong rebounder and all around game.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:34 am 

Correction. Isaiah Moll.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:04 am 

Some highlights, probably best suited at the 4 for LU. 6'7 but has decent handles. Seems like a good add!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFSp4NfRWx8

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:54 am 

Drew Valentine's connections are showing up early, especially in recruiting Michigan/Ohio.

Another offer out to Vincent Williams an ESPN 4 star prospect out of Toledo. 6'5 undersized forward with a long wingspan; has gotten a lot of High Major looks; Wichita looks to be recruiting him pretty hard. At some point this week i'll put together a better write up of the newest offers/significant players of interest if folks like the updates!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 43  Next