It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 43  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:39 am 

Blers wrote:
Another PG in for a visit, staffs moving quickly following Wade's commitment.

Isaiah Bujdoso, 6'2 PG out of Sunrise Christian(KS)
Point guard out of Sunrise Christian Academy. Looks to be a nice player, originally from Canada so he may have some connection with Redshirt sophomore Aher Uguak. Looks to be a pretty smooth, cerebral guard, he can score when he wants but is pass first. Not hyper athletic, but good enough, plays smart. Sunrise Christian is a great program in Wichita, basically a feeder school for the Shockers. Zach Brown attended the school for a year before joining the WSU, along with several others over the years, he's definitely gotten good coaching. He had some high major interest at the end of last year from schools like Northwestern, Oklahoma, Virginia, and K-State, but no offers and it seems they've cooled off. Wichita State has an open offer though, shocker fans have a thread on him and seem to be big fans, lots of Van Fleet comparisons. Would be another solid addition to the team!

Offers: Wichita State, St. Bonaventure, George Washington, East Carolina, and Niagra
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyRyYU7CTLw

I haven't seen him play, I have no basis in judging him, and my only recruiting rooting interest is in Porter signing good kids who can play good basketball.

That said another Sunrise kid? This should be interesting to say the least.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:26 pm 

New Offer out:

Trace Ramsey, 6-7 and 200lb SF out of Valparaiso, Ind.
According to his Verbal Commits page, offers from Toledo and Western Michigan. http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/trace-ramsey

Video from his junior year of HS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKr12cqsadQ

My own unqualified thoughts:
Seems pretty athletic and fluid athlete, ability to play above the rim and has a good feel for the game. My concerns are that he has no highlights of him taking a single jumpshot in that video, and if he wants to only be down low probably needs to put on some weight. Or expand his range if he wants to play on the wing.

Also, not a huge concern but interesting that Valpo hasn't publicly offered him and he's in their backyard

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:07 pm 

Found a quick write up on Ramsey:

"Ramsey was a nightmare to defend, difficult to guard in the post and equally challenging to handle on the wing with his ability to attack off the dribble. A strong finisher at the rim, the athletic lefty helped the Vikings to 41 wins in the last two seasons. All that was missing was a sectional title."

Kinda reminds me of Chastain but a little bit further along than he was at the start of his senior year. Smaller town kid, great leaping ability and can move on the drive. I agree with Dansen that he'll need to improve his jump shot, but I'm sure coaches are in his ear about that. Donte's versatility is gonna be tough to replace Ramsey or Keshawn justice both look to have the skills to try and do so.

Team length clearly continues to be a priority in recruitment. Don't forget we'll be adding 6'7 wing Aher Uguak and Aderius Avery (assuming he redshirts) next season.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:39 am 

Budjoso tweeted he would announce his college commitment tonight at 7:00 pm Central.

Looking good for the Ramblers coming so soon after his visit!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:10 am 

swellafelon wrote:
Budjoso tweeted he would announce his college commitment tonight at 7:00 pm Central.

Looking good for the Ramblers coming so soon after his visit!

There's no LU on his Verbal Commits page.....

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/isaiah-bujdoso

His Twitter follows include Franklin Agunanne, who just signed with us less than two weeks ago.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:36 pm 

Looks like the new recruiting write up is posted on the home page by Blers, nice job there's some really good insight! Thanks again Blers!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:49 pm 

Dansen wrote:
Looks like the new recruiting write up is posted on the home page by Blers, nice job there's some really good insight! Thanks again Blers!!

Thanks Dansen! Appreciate the kind words, and that you and others are throwing offers/scouting reports up on the board as well! Fun to see that engagement growing.

I noted in the report (http://www.ramblermania.net/stories/oct ... ing-update) there was no public timeline set for Bujdoso's decision following his visit...I wish i'd waited a few hours to send it over. Now that we know I definitely agree with JCT and Swella. Reading the social media tea-leaves:

Four of Bujdoso's last six follows on twitter are....
Mullins
Gordon
Moser
Agunanne
(was already following Valentine)

Obviously nothing can be certain until 7pm...but we certainly aren't in a bad spot.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:05 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:29 pm 

Wasn’t Majak Kou also from Hamilton, ON? Not sure how I remembered that random fact

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:50 pm 

If anyone wants to take a quick dip into the depths of hell that is ShockerNet, they had a thread for Budjoso that was pretty interesting:

http://shockernet.net/forum/showthread. ... ht=bujdoso

They seemed to really like him, seeing everything we saw: super composed, good ball handler and great passer, slightly above average athleticism and an OK shot

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 43  Next