It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 43  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:27 pm 

Showing my age here, but Budjoso reminds me a lot of Lenny Wilkins. Smooth lefty, plays under control, good hands, finds the open man, soft jumper.

Welcome to Loyola Isaiah!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:34 pm 

Dansen wrote:
If anyone wants to take a quick dip into the depths of hell that is ShockerNet, they had a thread for Budjoso that was pretty interesting:

http://shockernet.net/forum/showthread. ... ht=bujdoso

They seemed to really like him, seeing everything we saw: super composed, good ball handler and great passer, slightly above average athleticism and an OK shot

Yes, we agree on his many basketball attributes and potential upside. The fact that he's a lefty is going to be a plus, I think. But the young man also had sense enough to choose a superior school in an exciting city.

I wonder if coaches at Sunrise have taken a new approach to advising prospects with Loyola offers after the Roosevelt Smart experience, and seeing how well Kansas kids Richardson and Custer have done in their careers and development at Loyola.

Great to have a promising commit at the PG spot, hope he has a good year at Sunrise and stays healthy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:30 am 

Very solid prospect. Congrats to Isaiah and the coaching staff!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:14 pm 

Cooper Kaifes just followed Isaiah Bujdoso on twitter... May be another commit coming down the pipe?

Update: to be fair both of them are Kansas kids, so it may be nothing, but the timing certainly makes it suspect in our favor. A bunch of UNI coaches also recently followed Kaifes, but he didn't follow any back. Really some rip-roaring social media action that may amount to nothing hahaha.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:25 pm 

Blers, you're going to have to update the front page roundup sooner than expected!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:28 pm 

YEAAAAAAH.

Another 3 stat recruit (rivals, scout, and 247, his verbal commits page is outdated like agunanne’s was). More importantly this class addresses 3 big needs

1. Post presence
2. Point guard
3. 3 pt shooting

My guess is the last spot is a wing, but we already have Uguak and Avery in the cards for next year. So lots of flexibility. Long game with Finke? Push to complete the class with Justice? Lots to be excited about.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:32 pm 

Potentially only one spot left, correct? Assuming these guys all sign in November(?) we could see things cool down a bit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:35 pm 

Shereef Mitchell retweeted Cooper's announcement, could be nothing but it's out there

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:41 pm 

Dansen with the detective work! Wonder if they visited together (like Wade and Justice did) it had some AAU overlap?

I’m probably with Ahunte that things cool down but that’s an interesting wrinkle. I don’t know if we’d double up on point guards in one class but could be something to watch!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:18 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
Potentially only one spot left, correct? Assuming these guys all sign in November(?) we could see things cool down a bit.

My count is 9 for next year with 2 others who may return.

1 Lucas Williamson 6-4 190 G FR Chicago, Ill./Whitney Young
4 Bruno Skokna 6-4 175 G SO Zagreb, Croatia/
10 Adarius Avery 6-5 190 G JR Arlington, Tenn./Arlington/Connors State
12 Christian Negron 6-7 215 F FR Elgin, Ill./Larkin
23 Cam Satterwhite 6-4 175 G SO Gilbert, Ariz./Gilbert Christian
25 Cam Krutwig 6-9 260 C FR Algonquin, Ill./Jacobs
Aher Uguak 6-7 210 F SO Edmonton, Alberta/Harry Ainlay/New Mexico
Frank Agunanne 6-8 240 C HS La Lumiere, Ind.
Isaiah Bujdoso 6-2 171 PG HS Hamilton, Canada/Sunrise Christian(KS)

Possibles:
5 Marques Townes 6-4 210 G RS JR Edison, N.J./St. Joseph/Fairleigh Dickinson
13 Clayton Custer 6-1 185 PG RS JR Overland Park, Kan./Blue Valley Northwest/Iowa St

that means we may sign at least 2 more. We will have to wait until season's end to see if Custer or Townes return. I hope they do, but if not that will be 4 more. Please let me know if I am missing someone.

I think next year's pick up of a big man & a point were the number 1 & 2 priorities. Well done. Another powerful power forward would be nice.

I think LU's wins this season will correspond to the number of minutes Jackson plays at his natural power forward position (he played all his minutes at center last season). The more minutes at power forward, the more wins.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 43  Next