It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 43  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:38 pm 

Hard to say. Moving up to D1 is tough. He does fit our style and may contribute.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:47 pm 

Just read on the Verbal Commits transfer site that Brock Stull is leaving Milwaukee as a grad transfer.
Does anyone think Coach Moser might be interested?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:18 pm 

Terrence Shannon, Jr. is tearing it up on the Nike EYBL AAU circuit. Playing for Mac Irvin Fire, he has scored 17, 18 and 32 points in the 3 games played. He is bound to get more (and better) offers soon based on his performance in front of so many D1 coaches. My guess is he will probably abandon his plan to take a prep school year, and
go straight to college.

When you Google "Terrence Shannon Basketball" you also get a hit for an older player with the same name. At first I thought it was just an annoying coincidence. Turns out the older player is the father of our recruit, Terrence Shannon Sr. He is 6'9" and still playing professionally overseas at age 38. He is definitely a basketball vagabond. Currently in Panama, he has played in Mexico, Chile, Puerto Rico, Korea, the Dominican Republic and Bahrain.

In a strange twist with a Loyola angle, he was once dismissed from a team in Korea for smoking marijuana. His replacement: former Rambler Corey Minnifield.

Http://asiancorrespondent.com/2009/03/f ... fE9ZrQb.97

To add one more layer of irony, a "Corey Minnifield" was indicted a few years later in Chicago on his own drug charge -dealing heroin and cocaine.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndil/pr/tw ... e-illinois

Minnifield recently followed Shannon Jr. on Twitter, and Jr. retweeted a Minnifield post.

I'm not sure what if any conclusions you might draw from the above, but I found it interesting.

On edit: Bryan Mullins just followed Corey Minnifield on Twitter. There definitely seems to be some sort of Shannon/Minnifield connection.

Last edited by swellafelon on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:24 pm 

That's a wild story, but I can't get over one thing you said. "Better" offers???

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:06 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:08 pm 

Offered guard Tykei Greene out of NY. Not the most impressive offer list (Drexel, Niagara, Robert Morris) but supposedly Colorado and Kansas State have shown interest.

Interesting offer.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:01 am 

CSU Transfer Prentiss Nixon just committed to Iowa State. Big bummer, rumors on campus were we had a good chance to land him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:22 am 

So far our Final Four run hasn't translated into recruiting success. Still plenty of time and lots of prospects remaining on the board. I do like grad transfer Brock Stull from U. Milwaukee. He looks like the quintessential Porter recruit. But he seems to want to play for a High Major.
Our recent commit Tate Hall hasn't generated much buzz on Ramblermania or social media. I hope he surprises.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:45 am 

As much as I wanted Nixon, I had a bad feeling we weren't going to get him after he visited and didn't commit. I thought when Tate committed after Nixon's visit our chances were real slim. I think Moser really only wants to sit 1 guy a year. Nixon was choice #1, and when we couldn't wrap him up on the official visit we gave Tate the spot, and he took it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:05 pm 

galena rambler wrote:
...Brock Stull is leaving Milwaukee as a grad transfer.
Does anyone think Coach Moser might be interested?

He certainly saw enough of Stull in Milwaukee in December to know.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 43  Next