It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 47  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:57 am 

First in his conference in assist to turnover ratio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:00 am 

New offer:

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/jalon-pipkins

Looks like Blers and the rest of those annoying digital Millennials were sleeping on the recruiting front. Score one for us analog Baby Boomers.

I'll let them fill in the details so they don't get too triggered....

Also, I have learned from a reliable source that we are recruiting a junior college point guard from Vincennes named Keith Clemons. I wonder if he is any relation to former Loyola great Darius Clemons?

Last edited by swellafelon on Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:47 am 

swellafelon wrote:
New offer:

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/jalon-pipkins

Looks like Blers and the rest of those annoying digital Millennials were sleeping on the recruiting front. Score one for us analog Baby Boomers.

I'll let them fill in the details so they don't get too triggered.

He's 6'4 which is your market! Combo guard out of Texas, played his freshman season at Cal State Northridge, averaged 3 points, a board and half an assist before transferring to JUCO after a coaching change. Currently putting up 21 points (46% from the field, 37% from 3), 4.5 rebounds, and 4.7 assists at Paris Community College. Ranks 83rd for JUCO players.

Looks like he can create his own shot, is long and athletic, and can finish around the hoop. Only thing I don't love is he's got a 1.2 assist turnover ratio; meaning he averages about 4 a game. But if i had to guess he's probably got a pretty high usage. Also looking game by game he's really improved his all around game in the last month, still scoring really well but the assist to turnover ratio is vastly improved, and he's been coming away with a lot more steals. My guess is he gets a few more offers before the end of the year.

Other offers: Louisiana–Monroe, Marist, Purdue Fort Wayne, Texas State and Texas–Rio Grande Valley.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:57 pm 

Name to watch coming onto the transfers market is PG Luwane Pipkins out of UMass. Chicago kid, had really impressive stats the last few years in the A10. Has one year of eligibility left I believe, would be a really great grab if we can convince him to come home.

Edit:
Stats https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/pl ... ins-1.html

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:13 pm 

SUPER intriguing. We were pretty involved with him before he committed to UMass.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:45 pm 

This article says he is on track to graduate this year (after only 3 years) and thus would be eligible next year as a grad transfer.
I'd be very interested if this is accurate but would take a pass if he is sit one play one.

https://dailycollegian.com/2019/03/luwa ... rom-umass/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:12 pm 

I was wrong about Pipkins graduating in only 3 years. He was an academic non-qualifier coming out of Bogan High School in 2015 (I thought he graduated in 2016) and didn't play his first year at UMass.
So apparently he'll graduate this year after four years' study and three years of playing at UMass. He has one year of basketball eligibility remaining. Still won't have to sit out a year after transferring.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:54 am 

Looks like a near home....or near home but not Chicago kind of decision...Wasnt Creighton the school that beat us out of Connor Crenshaw, The Stevenson kid we thought was going to be a great addition ?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:03 am 

Yeah Creighton beat us out for Connor Cashaw.

I apparently overhyped him. He has been, based on his stats, a bust, averaging around 2ppg and buried deep on the bench.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:38 am 

I would be reluctant to compare players in one system to how they would have performed in another. If you take a player like Sean O'Mara and plug in his Xavier numbers to what he might have done at Loyola, you're talking about completely different developmental and depth charts....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 47  Next