It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 47  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:40 pm 

Quote:
Right... as of now, we have two open scholarships for the class of 2020, but if we fill our last class of 2019 spot, then we would only have one. That was jim's point from earlier in this thread.

No what I'm saying is we have 3 open for 2020 right now because of Skokna graduating, the one we still have this year, and getting Cam Satterwhite's scholarship back. If we already have Satterwhite's scholarship back then we would have 2 scholarships left this year because we've only used 3. Meaning we would have 2 still open from this year that would be rolled over and the 1 from Skokna graduating. Either way if we sign one more player this year we would have 2 scholarships next year.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:52 pm 

I'm exhausted. Did you look at the scholarship chart here? http://www.ramblermania.net/extras/mbb- ... hip-chart/

If something is wrong, let me know.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:47 pm 

Newman104. What are you talking about "getting Cam Satterwhite's scholarship back"? That makes no sense. It became available immediately upon his transfer, meaning Loyola could have used it for 2018 if it chose.

Ahunte1 is right on all counts. We have one remaining available scholarship for 2019. If we use it, and nobody transfers, we will only have one scholarship to fill for 2020.

Let's try this method to explain:

Unless things change, for the 2019-2020 season these are our scholarship players as it stands now: Skokna, Hall, Negron, Uguak, Krutwig, Williamson, Bujdoso, Agunanne, Kaifes, Welch, Wojcik and Kennedy. That's 12. If we fill the last 2019 scholarship in the spring with "Recruit X" (and if Recruit X is not a grad transfer), then for the 2020-2021 season we will have the following returning scholarship players:
Hall, Negron, Uguak, Krutwig, Williamson, Bujdoso, Agunanne, Kaifes, Welch, Wojcik, Kennedy and Recruit X. That's 12.
13-12 = 1.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:32 pm 

The biggest take I have from all of this exhaustive math is...we are headed into a season, where the odds are good that we *start* the season ranked, with a really, really young team. Seriously, 70% of our eligible scholarship players will be Freshmen or Sophomores, but our Sophs already have more postseason experience than any player on any other team in the MVC. And not only are they young, they’re GOOD. There were a lot of years we would’ve killed (figuratively...well, maybe some of us literally) for one 3 star recruit on the team. Now, that almost feels like a minimum expectation. Bottom line: whether we have one, two, or even zero scholarships in a couple years...we’re already poised to be very good for a very long time. We’re living the mid major dream.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:08 pm 

Our roster for 2018-19 has 11 scholarship players (out of 13 permitted). and 3 walk-ons. We likely won't fill those 2 spots for this season, which begs the question: Which of the walk-ons get scholarships for this season? I'd think Baughman and Boehm.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:13 am 

01grad wrote:
The biggest take I have from all of this exhaustive math is...we are headed into a season, where the odds are good that we *start* the season ranked, with a really, really young team. Seriously, 70% of our eligible scholarship players will be Freshmen or Sophomores, but our Sophs already have more postseason experience than any player on any other team in the MVC. And not only are they young, they’re GOOD. There were a lot of years we would’ve killed (figuratively...well, maybe some of us literally) for one 3 star recruit on the team. Now, that almost feels like a minimum expectation. Bottom line: whether we have one, two, or even zero scholarships in a couple years...we’re already poised to be very good for a very long time. We’re living the mid major dream.

I couldn't agree with this more! It's this that has me most excited about this season and the future....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:28 pm 

I am really excited about the new recruiting class. However, I would not look too far past this season's roster. You need to remember about 40% of Division I college basketball players transfer before the end of their sophomore year.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:53 pm 

Rambler88 wrote:
I am really excited about the new recruiting class. However, I would not look too far past this season's roster. You need to remember about 40% of Division I college basketball players transfer before the end of their sophomore year.

Or in the case of Nevada, 96%.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:52 pm 

Well Andre Gordon is going to visit this weekend. His stock has been up as he's picked up offers from DePaul and SMU this week. Clemson and Vanderbilt also saw him practice and met with him today.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:45 pm 

I’d love the addition of Gordon to finish off this recruiting class. He’s a quick twitch guard that I’m not sure we’ve ever really had. Definitely looks like someone who could come in right away and be a spark off the bench. He has some nice bounce and high offensive upside; reminds me a bit of Lamar Norman Jr. but not as flashy/showboat-y. Plays for a great program at Huntington Prep. I’m on board.
While he’s a bit smaller I think he could play the 2 guard.

The luxury of having 6’4 Bujdoso at point moving forward is that you can afford to be slightly smaller off ball if need be. Interesting that if we land Gordon we’ll have two players at or under 6’2; which for a Moser team isn’t super common (we have good size everywhere else so I don’t think it’s any reason for concern).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 47  Next