It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 47  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:42 am 

Marquise Kennedy posted his highlight tape for this year... and it’s something. Watching him play defense is just as fun as watching him play offense.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2BCjCu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:39 pm 

Jbuchholz wrote:
Marquise Kennedy posted his highlight tape for this year... and it’s something. Watching him play defense is just as fun as watching him play offense.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2BCjCu

Very pumped about Kennedy, he’s an exciting player that seems to have a very high ceiling.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:29 pm 

Forgot....talked to a fairly reliable source who said that we will be trying to bring in a guard who with experience,,,JC,grad transfer. Does not mean we will get one ...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:21 pm 

I mentioned him in the 2019 stat line thread as a dream potential transfer, but point guard Evan Gilyard has indeed decided to leave UTEP. Gilyard played at Simeon and played AAU at Meanstreets, presumably when Javon Mamon (and Lucas Williamson!) were there.

We recruited him hard alongside Krutwig in 2017, and from what i remember the sun times said we were in great position with him (however at the time we only had one available spot). His efficiency numbers took a major hit the last third of this season; and he was asked to do a lot at a pretty bad UTEP team as a sophomore, leading the team in minutes and points. He'd have to sit out a year but would have two years of eligibility. I'd love another Chicago guard though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:04 pm 

I was really hoping for Gilyard out of high school and would like to have him as a transfer. Talented player with the ability that we lose in Townes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:37 pm 

I hope we can sign one of the expat Chicago point guards mentioned in this thread who might be transferring: Luwane Pipkins, Evan Gilyard and (possibly) Mike Smith.
One concern I have is a lot of Chicago high school players want to get out of the city, so why should we expect them to transfer back to where the fled from?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:27 pm 

I think they are looking for someone who will be on the floor next year.....thinking they feel they have a spot to fill that will not be filled by someone presently set to be on the roster next year.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:30 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
I hope we can sign one of the expat Chicago point guards mentioned in this thread who might be transferring: Luwane Pipkins, Evan Gilyard and (possibly) Mike Smith.
One concern I have is a lot of Chicago high school players want to get out of the city, so why should we expect them to transfer back to where the fled from?

Had the same thought actually, i know Gilyard mentioned this in a Tribune article when he committed. But you never know, maybe a few years away and they want to be closer to home, also Loyola carries a whole lot more weight than it used to.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:36 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
I think they are looking for someone who will be on the floor next year.....thinking they feel they have a spot to fill that will not be filled by someone presently set to be on the roster next year.

Surely we can concoct a plausible story that can get a transfer immediate eligibility.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:43 pm 

I can concoct with anyone. Will gladly volunteer my services to the basketball program once they dismiss that pesky Order of Protection.

And don't call be Shirley.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 47  Next