It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 2:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 47  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:56 am 

From the Tweets and videos I saw recently, this kid was planning visits and more talks with high major schools on him like Clemson. Huge that he pulled the trigger now.

One of his stated criteria was that he didn’t want to play in “empty arenas”...the momentum and importance of our Home crowd size at the end of last year and the crowds we had during the Tournament can’t be understated

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:55 am 

This continues to be an issue for me,,, I am thinking that all that participate on this forum want to see the Ramblers to continue their success. I am sometimes miffed however that some of us expect the University to do all of this and deliver to us a great team every year without any commitment by us the fans. I think we have a HUGE part in the success of the program by our support.....whether if that means trying to drag along a few neighbors or friends, going to an away game etc,. I think this is a perfect example, most kids want to see an enthusiastic crowd and feel like they are playing for a team that has a lot of support. Hope the wave that we are riding now translate into increased attendance.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:15 am 

If I was a betting man Id say every single person in here with an account creation date pre 2018 (sans Brot due to location, who by the way I haven't seen post in a while hope all is well there) is a season ticket holder. But I agree with the overall point that I hope the new found fanbase from last year keeps up the momentum.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:10 am 

Welch and Wojcik would have picked up some (more) high majors had he waited until spring. Wojcik especially took his game to the next level following his commitment; going off in multiple games. Great gets. This recruiting class is on track to be one of the best we've ever had; which is great because the same could be said for '17, and on paper '18 is looking really good as well.

From what I've seen Welch and Wojcik both also have high floors and should be able to contribute early. Exciting times; especially if we can complete the trio and land Kennedy.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:54 pm 

Speaking of which:

https://twitter.com/scottybscout/status ... 0981824513

Looks like a recruiting battle with ISU and Wichita for now

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:04 pm 

This is obviously a good sign for us that we are included but I never like being the last visit or back end of visits because they could commit to another school before seeing what Loyola has.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:28 pm 

Johhnyfingers wrote:
This is obviously a good sign for us that we are included but I never like being the last visit or back end of visits because they could commit to another school before seeing what Loyola has.

I totally agree about not liking the back end of visits generally. But I don't think it'll hurt us here. He has previously said he wants to wait until the Spring to commit. He noted how Paxson was in his ear about coming here and that it sounded like a good deal... He also mentioned how he knew he wanted to take an official here. Missouri State was also noted as a desired official visit... ISUr and WSU offered since then so they may have been trimmed from his list. Now that two of his teammates are here I doubt he passes up the visit. If anything we're probably his final fall official and if he decides he wants to commit early we're the last place he went.

Also worth noting Shannon will list his final 4 tonight. I doubt we make it; but worth monitoring!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:09 pm 

Thanks for the concern 440 !! I am just fine and am going along--I have little to contribute re recruits --You guys are right atop this !

I await our schedule but the St Joe series is just great and about time I would say !! I would like to see more Jesuit schools play us on a regular basis without Marquette of course.---How about a nice road trip top the WEST COAST soon--say Gonzaga LU Marymount and Santa Clara or SF !!??? Plus the reyurn visits from them ??

GO RAMBLERS !!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:02 pm 

Blers wrote:

Also worth noting Shannon will list his final 4 tonight. I doubt we make it; but worth monitoring!

Shannon trims his list to a final four of DePaul, Florida State, Maryland and Illinois.....coincidentally none of those final four have been to the Final Four in recent times!

I think he ends up at Illinois but Florida State wouldn't surprise me. Best of luck to the young man.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:29 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
Blers wrote:

Shannon trims his list to a final four of DePaul, Florida State, Maryland and Illinois.....coincidentally none of those final four have been to the Final Four in recent times!

I think he ends up at Illinois but Florida State wouldn't surprise me. Best of luck to the young man.

I never wanted him anyway ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 47  Next