It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 8:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 47  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:08 pm 

https://www.prephoops.com/2018/08/terre ... om-depaul/

Hahahahahahaha

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:11 pm 

What the heck is up with that??? What could possibly happen in a weeks time?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:40 pm 

I believe I had that.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:47 pm 

Not real surprised by this. I thought it was odd that he reclassified to 19 and committed to play for one of the top prep schools in the Country, which would presumably get more schools looking at him, only to then go ahead and commit to his neighborhood school before he even started prep school. Always keep in mind these are teenagers making the biggest decision of their lives. Best of luck to the young man in making his decision.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:09 pm 

I realize that these are young people... but what happened in a week? I don't see what could change SOOOO quickly? Someone had to screw something up here, right?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:27 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
I believe I had that.

You quoted odds of 50/50 that this would happen, so you only get partial credit, Hedger Hero.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:29 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
ahunte1 wrote:
I believe I had that.

You quoted odds of 50/50 that this would happen, so you only get partial credit, Hedger Hero.

Fair enough. I was too chicken to guarantee it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:58 pm 

Robbie Aces wrote:
I realize that these are young people... but what happened in a week? I don't see what could change SOOOO quickly? Someone had to screw something up here, right?

According to his Twitter feed, it looks like he left for prep school this week. So my guess would be one of two things:

(1) He got down there, talked to some people/new teammates, and realized maybe he jumped the gun; or

(2) He listened to that Blers Madness podcast realesed last week with Ben Richardson, heard stories about last year, remembered how great it was, and decided to reconsider Loyola.

Probably the latter.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:17 pm 

DePaul fans must be beside themselves. I wasn’t a huge fan of Shannon’s twitter animations - but that being said - I wouldnt have complained if we got him. I think the truth is that he got caught up in his hype and just pulled the trigger too early. I don’t mean to knock him - but maybe he’s not the type of guy that would have fit well into our system. I’m really happy with our recruiting so far and I have faith we will finish out our recruiting with some quality guys. Most of all, I’m glad this happened to DePaul and not us.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:57 pm 

ToledoRambler wrote:
DePaul fans must be beside themselves. I wasn’t a huge fan of Shannon’s twitter animations - but that being said - I wouldnt have complained if we got him. I think the truth is that he got caught up in his hype and just pulled the trigger too early. I don’t mean to knock him - but maybe he’s not the type of guy that would have fit well into our system. I’m really happy with our recruiting so far and I have faith we will finish out our recruiting with some quality guys. Most of all, I’m glad this happened to DePaul and not us.

Often I find myself reading through posts and get an idea to give my opinion, but Toledo says almost exactly what I was thinking.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 47  Next