It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 47  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:04 pm 

All of this sounds like great news... when do we typically hear what school a player picks?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:59 pm 

For the first signing period anywhere from now until November. Over the last few years:

July
Wojcik

August
Krutwig

September
Agunanne

October
Negron
Bujdoso
Kaifes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:02 am 

For 2018-2019, the Division I Men's basketball early signing period is from November 14, 2018 to November 21, 2018.
http://www.nationalletter.org/signingDates/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:54 pm 

Florida State offers Marquise Kennedy.

Shannon, Kennedy, Braun, Welch, Dajuan Gordon, Turner, and Myron Gardner all have received at least one high major offer along with us. And outside Shannon I don't think any are unrealistic at this point.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:20 pm 

This could end up being a very special recruiting class. We offered early on a lot of players whose stock has been rising. I'm excited to see who we end up with.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:46 pm 

Navigating the recruiting waters this year must be really hard for Moser. On one hand, you would have to think that our status has been elevated enough to take shots at getting higher rated players, but also, you don’t want to spend too much time, attention and effort on long shots and risk losing out on solid second tier talent that isn’t going to wait around to be your silver medal. Hopefully we don’t shoot for the stars and end up getting burned in this year’s recruitment.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:39 pm 

ToledoRambler wrote:
Navigating the recruiting waters this year must be really hard for Moser. On one hand, you would have to think that our status has been elevated enough to take shots at getting higher rated players, but also, you don’t want to spend too much time, attention and effort on long shots and risk losing out on solid second tier talent that isn’t going to wait around to be your silver medal. Hopefully we don’t shoot for the stars and end up getting burned in this year’s recruitment.

Very true! Luckily I wouldn't say any one we're currently on is "shooting for the stars." We were in so early on all of these kids it's just been about good talent evaluation, rather than trying to get in late on a kid. Plus a good amount of them have fun subplots.

Braun has the high school/AAU connections + is friends with Kaifes based on their twitter
We were the first to offer Shannon before he exploded; someone mentioned he had a relationship with Corey Minfield, and has had some twitter interactions with Ingram (as has Dajuan Gordon)
Welch and Kennedy are teammates with Paxson Wojcik (Wojcik also would likely be getting higher offers based on the rest of his summer after committing)

Obviously we won't get them all but one or two of them would be really special gets. Personally I'm hoping for Gordon and Braun (Shannon obviously, but I'm not so sure that's in the cards anymore).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:22 pm 

Regarding Terrance Shannon 247 has cut his warm list from 6 to 5. As I had said earlier this year his 6 warm teams were Loyola Chicago, Illinois, DePaul, UIC, Florida state and Lousiville. 247 has now removed UIC from that list. On top of that Their predictions have slightly changed. Their experts had all agreed that he was headed to Illinois, but now 1 of the 5 experts is saying he will head to DePaul. This change has occurred because Shannon had his second official visit yesterday when he went to DePaul. So we may still have a shot.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:57 pm 

This doesn't look good for those Illinois teams chasing him. I dont think we're out on him yet, but I'm sure this exactly what Florida State wanted to see.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:15 pm 

IMG is an athletic power house; definitely one of the top prep schools for athletes to go so not entirely a shocker. Def works in Florida States favor though (that said you also never know how homesick someone may become).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 47  Next