It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 2017-2018 Roster
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:01 pm 

2017-2018 roster is up on the website. No Tyson.

Post subject: Re: 2017-2018 Roster
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:26 am 

some thoughts........Joe Chrisman and London Dokubo are still listed as director of operations and grad assistant even though Joe is on the way to medical school and London to Business school.
Jake Baughman, Matt Chastains buddy apparently has stayed. the walk-on from Mather is gone.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:22 am 

London is Graduate Assistant which is two years/ two seasons with the team. Last year was the first year of the graduate program. This season will be the second and final season as Graduate Assistant.

Two years ago he was just a some what volunteer assistant right after graduation.

Joe, idk what is going on with that. He got into Med school but maybe he just is not going anymore. Not to hard of a job at Basketball operations.

Also he knows Porter's system really well after playing 4 years so having him there only helps the team.

Though is Valentine a bigs coach because if not, then that is still an area in my opinion that needs to find an answer.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:26 pm 

Still a lot of questions about Tyson:

A lot of the team's social media (both players and the actual team) has videos and pictures of their summer workouts and Tyson is in a lot of them? He is still not on the official roster, and Verbal Commits currently has him listed as a Walk On. Is there a chance because of his injury his scholarship doesn't count, or what do you guys think is going on?

His social media still has a lot of Loyola action as well. Just curious.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:52 am 

Tyson is most likely on a medical scholarship which the NCAA allows to grant a player. Which also allows ramblers to have 14 players on scholarship instead of the usual 13 max.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:11 am 

Also, according to his instagram Adarius Avery will be having shoulder surgery, no clue how serious it is

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:34 am 

It seems the Ramblers suffer more than their share of shoulder injuries during the preseason.

Milton Doyle had a turn labrum and missed some time. Jay Knuth tore has labrum and missed a full season following surgery. I believe at least one other player whose name escapes me had shoulder issues.

And now Adarius Avery.

I wonder if the preseason weight training program they're on has something to do with it?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:11 am 

I think shoulder injuries are just becoming more common in basketball. Keyshawn Evans of Illinois St. had surgery on his shoulder in April. Vic Law missed the 2015-2016 at Northwestern due to a shoulder injury. Both were two that I could immediately remember. I believe both were the labrum too. If I recall correctly, most injuries to the labrum occur after a shoulder dislocation, so I wouldn't completely blame weight lifting.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:13 am 

I feel like most teams have at least one player go down either before the season or very early in it. It's just the part of the physical nature of the game. Labrums (if that's what it is) are pretty common in basketball as well just do to all the motions your making.

Wish him the best. Our roster is crowded though, so if he has to sit a year and come back it gives more room for players like Satterwhite, Williamson, and Bruno to play heavier minutes going into next season where he should be much more relied upon. Whenever he ends up playing i do really feel that Avery can have a big time scoring impact.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:58 am 

swellafelon wrote:
It seems the Ramblers suffer more than their share of shoulder injuries during the preseason.

Milton Doyle had a turn labrum and missed some time. Jay Knuth tore has labrum and missed a full season following surgery. I believe at least one other player whose name escapes me had shoulder issues.

And now Adarius Avery.

I wonder if the preseason weight training program they're on has something to do with it?

And we haven't even done our traditional Marine "boot camp" workout days yet. We're sure to lose a couple more then.