It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:12 am 

I think students should get excellent seating. My model for that belief is Michigan State, where the students have one half of the lower bowl and make a wall of sound. It's also because if you're treated like you're part of the Athletic Department while you're a student, you're a lot more likely to make it a part of your post-college entertainment, hobbies and interests.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:39 am 

I agree with JCT. However, I hate giving up my seats, first row, center court, right behind the TV commentators, for first row behind the Rambler bench.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:06 pm 

The bonus for me is that I won't have Swella hovering over my shoulder anymore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:33 pm 

RamblinTank22 wrote:
Are they looking to limit the number of visiting fans who wonder into the student section? I think mostly of the SIU game with that one. Or is it something else? I'd like to hear why, and hope that it works out in the end.

It was the Illinois State game. ISU had a huge crowd packed in behind their bench and they were probably responsible in part for the ISU comeback win. All you could see on TV was red. All you could hear in the arena was "ISU ISU". It was the most demoralizing home game I've ever seen. Ever. But it motivated Natetheskate to start a discussion on Ramblermania that eventually involved the athletic administration and the changes you see resulted from that. It was largely a bottom up thing.

They looked into putting the students behind the visiting bench, but MVC discourages that and no other team does it. Besides getting the students into seats where they can do more for the team, moving season ticket holders into the view of the TV cameras moves the visitors out and packs the most loyal fans together which should make it louder and more fun.

We now have the potential to make the Joe an intimidating place to play. All we have to do is show up (or give our tickets away to someone who can) and get loud. I am really looking forward to it. It should be a tremendous improvement thanks to Ramblermania and especially Nate.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:25 am 

Jeeze!!! Im usually talking just to be talking! Didnt think anybody was listening! Well I hope what ever they do and for what ever reasons the did it, works out.... Nothing better than a full house making noise and the Ramblers running the other guys out of town. I will say this...I think the current group of people in the Athletic Department are doing all they can to make it a good experience. I think they are sometimes constricted by finances and bureaucratic bureaucrats.
So if they are listening I have two more ideas......Illinois Corrupt Politician Race. Like the hot dog, brat race in Milwaukee except with Jim THompson, Blagoivich and then a wild card....I would go with Paul Powell.
2nd is a red baseball cap with white block letters that says MAKE LOYOLA GREAT AGAIN !
Just wanted to encourage people to come out to the Golf Outing on the 3rd of August. Even if you do not play golf you can come for the dinner and silent auction...usually a lot of Sox,Cub and Hawks stuff. Coach talks a little about the upcoming season , most of the coaches are there as well as members of a lot of the teams.
This year it is in the hometown of incoming freshman Cameron Krutwig,,ALgonquin Illinois. That's the northwest suburbs for you city dwellers.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:31 am 

Don't forget to put George Ryan in the race.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:07 am 

natetheskate wrote:
Jeeze!!! Im usually talking just to be talking! Didnt think anybody was listening! Well I hope what ever they do and for what ever reasons the did it, works out.... Nothing better than a full house making noise and the Ramblers running the other guys out of town. I will say this...I think the current group of people in the Athletic Department are doing all they can to make it a good experience. I think they are sometimes constricted by finances and bureaucratic bureaucrats.
So if they are listening I have two more ideas......Illinois Corrupt Politician Race. Like the hot dog, brat race in Milwaukee except with Jim THompson, Blagoivich and then a wild card....I would go with Paul Powell.
2nd is a red baseball cap with white block letters that says MAKE LOYOLA GREAT AGAIN !
Just wanted to encourage people to come out to the Golf Outing on the 3rd of August. Even if you do not play golf you can come for the dinner and silent auction...usually a lot of Sox,Cub and Hawks stuff. Coach talks a little about the upcoming season , most of the coaches are there as well as members of a lot of the teams.
This year it is in the hometown of incoming freshman Cameron Krutwig,,ALgonquin Illinois. That's the northwest suburbs for you city dwellers.

The politician race wouldn't be bad, but I think you would have to update it for the students. Maybe throw the Daleys in there somehow.

The Trump hats wouldn't be bad (if people don't protest). My idea was that if WSU stayed in the league, they would say "Beat Wichita State Again"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:13 am 

Does this mean if I don't like my new seats Nate will do me a solid and give me a refund out of his own pocket?

Note to Go:

Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
I'll be watching you

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:04 am 

New found video of Swella and his "information gathering":

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:16 am 

Don't scoff. My "information gathering" is the source for 62.4% of all fake news.

Source: Swellafelon Fake News Service, Inc.