It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Golf Outing ?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:54 am 

Obviously, the schedule took a big hit when NC State backed out. Our schedule is OK if it looks mostly like what we've pieced together. I think it could be a VERY GOOD schedule if we only had one good home game from a team with an expected RPI between 50-130, from a quality conference.

If you take teams from the Big East, A10, American, Colonial, and West Coast schools (I'm leaving out the Mountain West because of the MVC-MW Challenge), with RPIs last year between 50-130, you've got:

Providence, Houston, Central Florida, Charleston, Marquette, Richmond, BYU, Davidson, St. Bonaventure, Towson, San Francisco, George Washington, William & Mary, Georgetown, Memphis, Connecticut, and George Mason. With the possible exception of Towson (who has mostly been below 130 for 80% of the past several years), any of those teams coming to Gentile would dramatically improve the quality of the schedule. We need to try and get some home and home agreements with programs of this quality, preferably set up so we get the home games in years when we're on the road for the MW-MVC series.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:53 am 

Any update on what was said at the outing?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:28 am 

OK,,,,cant believe this I wrote all the goodies last night when I got back and then fell asleep and never hit submit.
Non Con schedule to be out soon....waiting on the MVC to get theirs set up...9 of 12 non-cons will had 17 wins or better last year....Playing Florida and Boisie St will be the high light....sees WS leaving as an opportunity.
Adarious Avery and Christian Negron both had surgery this week,,,,Avery out for the year Negrons was a meniscus tear...may be back......excited about Skokna..said last year he was coming off a broken foot which is why he did not play in Spain this caused him to play at 205 this year will be at 190is...Excited about Aundre Jackson who he says is shooting the ball better than anyone on the team in shooting drills maybe tied with Custer....confirmed that Custer will be handling the ball the majority of the time this year.....said that Lucas Williamson is doing well....a source ( heard from behind the potted plant) that he has an NBA body already and should see playing time this year.....same source said that Marquis Townes is the real deal...Coach said that he thought Ingram and Richardson would have big years and were passing on the culture to the younger guys......excited about Cameron Krutwig as he is the first real big man that they have had....likes that Cameron loves to be in the gym....excited about our inroads into the Public League and Illinois overall. The Krutwigs were there as well as Sr. Jean turning 98 this year......on a sad not Clayton Custer and his dad and their team took first place in the outing defeating me and my boys by one shot!!!!
I may have forgot something so fire questions if you like

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:40 am 

Avery and Negron both potentially out for the year??...Well that's not good news on the injury front

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:56 am 

It's coming on top of his ACL recovery (same knee?), but a torn meniscus isn't a season ending injury. Usually a few weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:58 am 

Thanks for the nice update, Nate!

That's a real shame about Negron. Was it the same knee he had surgery on before?

Any word on how he and Avery hurt themselves?

Did you try to sandbag the other golfers by failing to disclose you were on Loyola's golf team in your youth?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:46 pm 

I believe it was the same knee for Christian....think it is kind of common

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:44 pm 

A bit shocking to hear about the injuries.... and the schedule news isn't so hot. But thanks for the report, Nate!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:51 am 

JCT...glad to do it......I know it is a long haul for you but for those in the Chicago area it is a nice event, Should I move the report to its own post? If not I will just add a couple more things...Katie Achter the WOmens Coach continues to impress...she is sharp and a go getter. A lot of the womens team was there and also were impressive. She will turn this thing around in a hurry. Our National Champion Volleyball Coach was there. There was a signed picture of the World Champ Cubs...bidding started at 600. The whole event was nice and our Girls golf coach Caley Schneider? is also the gm of Golf Club of Illinois as her parents our the owners. THey turned the place over to LU and did a great job. There was a bus that came from downtown..a big blow up of Lou the WOlf and also some news that they may be trying to get BOOOOOOO Rambler back in some form. Also they have been able to finally add the two positions in social media and alum reach out that have been open for over a year...... So it was obvious that all the wheels on the bus are starting to turn....a source told me that the social media part has been huge in communicating with recruits and has had an immediate positive effect...Last Coach again emphasized how important it will be to fill the gym,,,He said if we want to be a big time program than we have to fill a gym like a big time program...so lets all make an effort.....I think that is it....can I come out from behind the potted plant now?? Gotta use the can

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:54 am 

Are they thinking about redshirting Negron, by saying he "may" be back?