It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:29 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
We must have had one of the biggest discrepancies between Kenpom rating and RPI in all of D1. We were almost 100 spots worse in RPI because we couldn't win any of those road games at IL St, MO St, Evansville, and UNI. Not to mention Drake.

I believe we had 6th biggest difference. UL-Lafayette, Texas Southern, Tenn. St., Oklahoma, and Missouri were the only schools ahead of us. Of those, only Texas Southern had a better RPI than Kenpom rating.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:58 pm 

JCT wrote:
I don't think UNCW is likely to be the Top 100-- they lost their coach to NC State, their best player transferred to follow the coach to NC State, and their 2nd, 3rd, and 5th top scorers graduated. The new coach is a 14-year assistant from UNC.

we seem to play teams that were good in the year prior.. I really wish we had a tougher schedule. I just dont want to be a repeat of Illinois State. We have talent this year and playing a weak schedule and winning with no tough games has proven in past years not to be beneficial (look at Valpo and Monmouth two years ago and ISU last year)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:26 pm 

We would be the Illinois state of last year regardless of what our schedule could have been this year. we have a decent schedule. If we would've had a tougher schedule, we will either have lost to better teams and had a worse record that wouldn't get us into the tournament, or we would have beaten some of those better teams, but if we didn't win the league, the committee would have asked "why the hell didn't you win your league then?" and kept us out based on that and our prior lackluster history.

There is no reason at this point, with our long history of not making the tournament, to fret about the schedule and worry about "getting selected." Take the choice out of the committee's hands. Learn and get better from every game, no matter who you play, and WIN IN ST. LOUIS. At large bids are for teams in power conferences and teams with a history of sustained success. We are not there yet. Maybe soon though if we can get over the hurdle of winning a conference tournament.